I decided I'll make a game while learning Java so I figure I post here about it.
No sound version:http://www.rel.phatcode.net/Temp/%5bJava%5dZweihanderNoSound.zip
I didn't even use OpenGL just straight Java2D.
Language - Java
Graphics Context - Java2D
Sound - TinySound by Finn Kuusisto
Platform - Anywhere there's a JVM
GFX - AAP, Rel and some GFX fillers I found on the net
Music - VGmusic
Source license - Free to use as long as credit is given.
* No in-gameplay heap allocation so GC should not kick-in midplay.
* Used a "recycling" system to manage all the entities so heap allocs are only done at startup
* Entity manager is batched to minimize ram-latency (behaviors and animators are still not batched)
* Not sure if tinysound allocates memory on play().
* One enemy type for now but making other enemies should not be too hard.
* Needs better GFX (excepting bullets)
BTW, Does this thing stutter on your setup? If it does, how about the no sound version? Does the no sound version still stutter?
Comments on code are welcome.
Badlogic, sproingie and ra4king for patiently answering all my stupid Java questions on IRC.