Yet another stub -- is probably completely wrong
Like all HotSpot features this can only describe a particular version (JDK8 snapshot on 20140425)https://wikis.oracle.com/display/HotSpotInternals/EscapeAnalysis
For spot checking of impact escape analysis can be disable by: -XX:-DoEscapeAnalysis
Partial list of situations where HotSpot conservatively assumes a reference escapes:
- The object requires a finalizer
- The reference is passed to an invokedynamic call (e.g. lambda and method references)
- The reference is passed to an instance method where the call isn't known to be monomorphic (the method can be overridden).
- The reference is passed through a greater call chain depth than MaxBCEAEstimateLevel
- The reference is passed to method whos bytecode size is greater than MaxBCEAEstimateSize
Detailed information about escape analysis can be queried with: -XX:+BCEATraceLevel
HotSpot source code:
This wiki entry has had 4 revisions with contributions from 1 members.