Hello, i tested !
- I confirm the mouse is now visible ^^ . But i didn't see any crosshair, but i have still a textures problem on my laptop (black fog very near), that could explain... (however it's weird, i'll look at the code how the textures are set)
The crosshair doesn't use any texture, it's just a tiny VBO. It's very small. I already checked yesterday on a machine under Windows 7 and it worked, I will check on a laptop.
- The enemies who shoot, the loss of health, that's cool, it progresses toward a real gameplay
Thanks. I have to update the demo, the player falls, a message is displayed and a small music is played when he dies. The blood on the screen is still missing.
I'm not satisfied by the behaviour of the weapons used by the player
After taking the guns, i couldn't shoot (but i didn't understand if it's currently possible, sorry, forget if not...).
Nobody reads the instructions
You need to pick up some ammo and to reload your weapon.
I'm now able to clone enemies without making unnecessary copies of geometric data.
Cool ^^ ! How did you do finally ? Because theorically no need to clone keyframes too, in my case i store one instance of the animated mesh and the "Enemy" objects only store and manage the parametric variable of the animation (but maybe that depends on the Ardor3D structure ^^ ).
That's the point. The morph mesh must be duplicated but not the key frames. You can do the same with JMonkeyEngine but I'm not sure the MD2 loader has been ported to its third version and Ardor3D provides a nice helper to copy meshes.
- hide or disable the menu of the arena mode (this mode is not ready yet and showing it only leads to confusion)
- clarify the display of ammunitions (add some texts until some nice icons are ready)
- improve the ammo box (almost nobody understands that this green box contains some ammo)
- draw some blood on the screen (I really want to get a better result than in the alpha version)
- allow the enemies to turn to the player (the game will become more challenging
- allow the modification of mouse sensitivity and key mapping
- use key framed animations for the weapons of the player
- design a cop who would replace the soldier (I don't want to go on using materials that might be copyrighted)
- show the hand(s) of the player on the weapon(s) that he holds
I won't be able to allow the enemies to move without a better collision detection. I will probably extract the skeletons of some existing animations to create the cop but it will require another feature in Ardor3D. I need a mesh exporter to modify mesh data in Ardor3D, edit them in Blender and import them anew in Ardor3D.
I will post some screen captures and a video only when the cop is ready.
If I see that the implementation of a feature takes a long time, I will try to planify the implementation of smaller ones.
Edit.: I will modify the image in the very first post too.
Edit.2: I reproduce the bug with the laptop, thanks N_I_C_S.
Edit.3: I updated the demo, it contains a fix for the bug reported by N_I_C_S. There are still some problems of accuracy in collisions detection. I will have to store vertices of models into a hierarchical data structure to recompute their bounding volumes faster.
Edit.4: My 3 first suggestions have been implemented successfully. I will try to draw some blood on the screen tomorrow.
N.B: Sourceforge upgraded my project some days ago. My Subversion repository has been moved here