Java-Gaming.org Hi !
Featured games (90)
games approved by the League of Dukes
Games in Showcase (778)
Games in Android Showcase (231)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (856)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials
 
    Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Startup: Charity GamesLAB  (Read 2214 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Offline dermetfan
« Posted 2015-04-27 21:10:16 »

Hey everyone,
instead of just a single game I would like to introduce a whole game company.

The idea of Charity GamesLAB is, as the name suggests, to combine games with charity. We donate 70 % of our profits to Save the Children and reinvest the remaining 30 % into development of new games.

Our first game is about little alien creatues who crashed on earth and have to fix their shuttle to go back home.



The player has to dodge obstacles and collect shuttle parts. We're also planning a "challenge your friends" feature which would record the path your friend took and show his character alongside yours, similar to a race.

This (and future games) will primarily be released on Android and iOS, but I can also post a desktop version here once the game is in a presentable state.

I joined Charity GamesLAB to work on their first game as lead developer and it's going great. Our artists are incredible. Needless to say we use libGDX and plan on doing so for future games. However, we're still in startup phase and paid all expenses from our own pockets. To finish our first game and especially for extensive marketing in 10 countries, we need a budget. Marketing is incredibly important for this project - we want our donations to actually make a difference, so we need users. We do have an international marketing team - it's just missing a budget.

If this project sounds appealing to you, we would be very happy if you took a minute to share our crowdfunding campaign via twitter, facebook or other social networks:

https://www.startnext.com/charitygameslab

Of course donations are also more than welcome! Your support means a lot and we really need it to get this project started.

Thanks for reading!

Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
 
 

 
hadezbladez (350 views)
2018-11-16 13:46:03

hadezbladez (183 views)
2018-11-16 13:41:33

hadezbladez (349 views)
2018-11-16 13:35:35

hadezbladez (85 views)
2018-11-16 13:32:03

EgonOlsen (2179 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:48

EgonOlsen (2221 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:44

EgonOlsen (1379 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:20

DesertCoockie (2012 views)
2018-05-13 18:23:11

nelsongames (1671 views)
2018-04-24 18:15:36

nelsongames (2309 views)
2018-04-24 18:14:32
Deployment and Packaging
by mudlee
2018-08-22 18:09:50

Java Gaming Resources
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:19:41

Deployment and Packaging
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:04:08

Deployment and Packaging
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:03:45

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-20 02:33:38

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-20 02:29:55

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-19 23:56:20

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-19 23:54:46
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines | Managed by Enhanced Four Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!