I think it depends on the country you live in but IIRC we did learn about vectors in 9th grade, although nothing serious until 11th grade.
Learning vector math is easy but really helpful, you'll be able to utilize it a lot even if you have got only the basics down.
Look up the following things online:
- Some general explanation on what vectors are and what are they used for
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing vectors
- How to create a vector that points from A to B (although the previous point pretty much covers this)
- Vector normalization and why unit length vectors are useful
- The cross and dot products
- How to create a vector from an angle (atan2)
+ Optionally look up trigonometric functions since they are really useful too
You can learn all this in 1 or max 2 days and you'll use this 'til the end of your game development days, you don't have to wait 2 or more years for school education.
Edit: If you get stuck with any of the points above feel free to ask help here or message me in private, I'll help you out.