ok I tried it and it's pretty fun
Here are a few remarks in no specific order:
- I've got a bug: there's a black square rendered on top of your custom mouse cursor, as if the native cursor was still rendered ... but with a black square
- I think it would be cool to be able to scroll the map with the keyboard ( arrows )
- fullscreen !!! That would be cool too
- I'm not a big fan of the ingame menu:
- it's difficult to open it without scrolling the map
- when the menu is opened, the mouse is like "captured" by the menu, meaning that if I click anywhere in the screen it actually selects a menu option, it would be better I think to close the menu when clicking outside.
- when building something, it would be nice to be able to cancel after selecting in the menu but before clicking on the map ... maybe with the right click ..
- it's impossible to fire at a moving unit! This is quite frustrating because the enemy was keeping coming to my base, causing damages and then leaving with just a few lifepoints left ... and I wasn't able to kill them
- maybe it's a bit early to ask this but I don't like when my units are pursuing automatically enemy units. With this it becomes rapidly a mess where all your units are just going everywhere in the map without control. It would be nice to give orders to the units like "stay in position!"
- I've found a bit strange to come back to the main menu between each mission. It was kind of "breaking" the mission flow.
Ah one more, click on text narration shouldn't end the story but complete current sentence
Otherwise I though it was really nice and fun, it was a good surprise to have a tutorial level at the begining and to have naration/cut scenes. The graphics are cool even if the tiles do not tile perfectly ( meaning that we see a break in the textures ) .. but that was a detail.
Good job !