I think most people's problems would be resolved if there was a recent binary release for all platforms and the new structure that Endolf has just introduced.
However, JInput could do with being versioned (which you can't currently tell from the "releases") and having some text around it that explain its purpose, how to use it and current limitations. I know we had an effort not long ago to confirm working controllers on the platform but I can't seem to find that information anywhere. It would be extremely nice if this could be automated so users could just add a working entry to the list as and when they use it.
- Versioned release for up to date builds on all platforms
- Bug/Issue tracking updated with the current problems and known issues.
- Tutorial/Help information on the API and its limitations and intentions
- A user editable list of known compatible controllers (plus issues with non-working)
- A single site (java.net?) where all of the above is linked to from
I'm happy to have a go at some supporting text if its not already available somewhere (didn't TheBohemian put something together for this?). I could probably do something for a user editable list (though I suspect there are many that could do a much better job).
I guess once the above is sorted out the next step would be to start working on features that people want to use (I know Endolf is keen on force feedback on all platforms).
More than anything, JInput needs a MacOS developer