As the various bits of the competition fall into place I will post the resolutions here.First up:
Hosting will be woogley's site.Secondly:
The rules are as follows:
The competition shall:
- start at 00:00 UTC on XXth XXXXXX 2005
- finish at 24:00 UTC on XXth XXXXXX 2005 (2 months)
The application shall:
- work with the standard java 1.4.2 JRE OR LATER.
- be packaged as one or more jars using the gzip format.
- as packed jars, consist of no more than 16384 bytes, excluding libraries.
- use version 0.97 of the LWJGL library available from lwjgl.org.
- optionally use the FMOD library available from www.fmod.org.
- work (without sound) if MIDI is used, but a soundbank is not available.
- be startable using webstart.
- be provided with a non-exclusive binary distribution license for the competition organisers.
- run on Windows XP/2K, Mac OS X 10.3+ and Linux i386 (version TBC)
The application shall not:
- require any libraries except those identified above.
- use any resources external to the jar(s)
- contain offensive or seriously controversial material (as determined at the judges' discretion)
- contain any unlicenced copyright material, trademarks or patents.
Games shall be ranked by each judge separately in two categories.
- For each Judge, the Nth ranked game in each category will score T-N+1 points, where T is the total number of games entered
- Games that are disqualified score zero points but a reason will be given and grace period to rectify it
- Games that fail to run on a particular machine score zero points from a judge but there will be a grace period to fix it and the judge will report any stacktraces available.
- The total score for each game is the total of all the scores from all the judges
- The final ranking is based on each games total score. The actual scores will not be published.
- There will be a winner, a runner up, and a two honourable mentions.
- The winner will be the highest scoring game overall
- The runner up will be the second highest scoring game
- The two honourable mentions will be the highest scoring games in each category