Tyrant is a fully open source, roguelike game written in Java. You play a heroic adventurer exploring a dangerous world of monsters and magic.
- Addictive roguelike gameplay
- Tutorial areas for new players
- Many different randomly generated dungeons to explore
- Over 1200 items and 140 monsters to discover
- Intricate skill-based character advancement system
There have been a lot of improvement in the past few months as we've worked towards a v1.0 release, which should hopefully be ready before too long.
The game engine has been steadily improved, and we now have over 140 JUnit test cases which have greatly improved the speed and quality of the development process. There are several people actively contributing code and playtesting all the time at the moment - but more volunteers are always welcome!
The online game:http://tyrant.sourceforge.net
The development site:http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tyrant
Finally, a new screenshot: