games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  ignore  |  Print  
  Squareheads  (Read 12949 times)
Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #30 - Posted 2004-02-19 07:12:24 »

EgonOlsen: The game can not open/load a file in one of the jars. It might be a webstart issue, or I'm trying to load it in a way that is not working on your system. You could try deleting it from the webstart cache.
Yes, that worked! It runs @ around 500-700 fps now (framecounter is hard to read at that rate). That's on a P4HT@3.2Ghz, Radeon9700pro, WinXP. Collision detection seems to produce wrong results sometimes. I fall off the level twice.

Offline tom
« Reply #31 - Posted 2004-02-23 23:08:37 »

Another update. Here is a screenshot:

• Added collision detection against bezier patches. It's now possible to walk over the bridge without falling threw  Smiley
  • Vertex colors is used on objects that do not have lightmap.
  • Fixed a bug with regards to the fog.
Have not looked at the vertex array issues. And it is still possible to fall threw the map.

Offline tom
« Reply #32 - Posted 2004-03-26 20:46:15 »

Time for another update and to bump this thread back to the first page. Some of the things added this time:

1) Created a global matchmaker server. It's now theoreticaly possible to find someone to play with.

2) Remade the gui. It has got all the component types I'll need. It's also very easy to change and is perfect for prototyping. Still have to create a new look and feel for the final game.

3) Lots of sounds.

4) Doors

5) Ingame chat

...and of course lots of other minor changes.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline blahblahblahh

JGO Coder

Medals: 1

http://t-machine.org

« Reply #33 - Posted 2004-03-26 22:10:46 »

Time for another update and to bump this thread back to the first page. Some of the things added this time:

Could you come up with a short description (approx 100 words) for me to put on the java games pages?

malloc will be first against the wall when the revolution comes...
8: Undefined index: online
File: /home/jgo/public_html/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 161