Games in Android Showcase (133)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (604)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  ignore  |  Print  
  Sim Server Press is great...  but wrong.  (Read 11784 times)
Offline Spasi
« Reply #30 - Posted 2004-04-01 16:27:18 »

C'mon guys... Games developing is not games selling. It's not about who's got the loudest voice and more money. It's about who's got the better solutions. Do you honestly believe that any serious game developer will choose anything but the best tool for the job?

If LWJGL is better* than JOGL, it'll prevail.
If Xith is better* than J3D, it'll prevail.
If GrexEngine is better* than Sim, it'll prevail.

* Solving specific needs, the most efficient way.

All I care is to see competition. I'll then make a choice. And don't tell me about lost opportunities and how unfortunate it is that there's no cooperation with Sun. It's just how things work in the industry. They have to make money, that's all. If you're up to it, make your stuff better and make it known. Then make money and buy Sun Tongue

Now... let me keep on making Marathon with LWJGL, cause that's the best tool for me right now and I'm really happy with it. And I'm happy that I'll be able to choose from two great on-line architectures when the time comes...
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #31 - Posted 2004-04-01 16:34:00 »

Interestign question, I'll try to answer it as best I can.

The Task queue is "fair".  This means that there is no starvation and every task has an equal possabiltiy to run.  Although currently there is no prioritization, there IS a timestamp in the deadlock avoidance algorhtym and in the case of potential deadlock it is always the newer task that gest resecheduled.

In the long run then every automata will get about the same chacne to process assuming they have the same potential deadlock issues (or none.)

Having said that, the system does support a "heartbeat".  HB isnt recommended for most things because it can waste an awful lot of processing power-- event driven is generally a better model-- BUT for critical things like monster AI that need to wake up periodically
its an option.  If it was critical to me today tha tall monsters get called woth exactly the same frequency I'd probably make one monster AI object handle that group of monsters and do it all on one HB.  

This scales up to a point but sinde its all happening on one HB  its all going to be processed  on one machine. Other thingd likr players events will get naturally load balanced around it but there is still an absolute limit there.  One way to break that limit is to break the monsters up into groups that can potentially HB on different sim stacks.  When you do that however you do lose the tight synchronization between groups.  Thats kind of inescapable. You need loose coupling to allow maximal parallelism.  The more parallel you make things, the looser your coupling has to get.

Got a question about Java and game programming?  Just new to the Java Game Development Community?  Try my FAQ.  Its likely you'll learn something!

http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Games/JeffFAQ
Offline Bombadil

Senior Devvie

« Reply #32 - Posted 2004-04-01 16:46:53 »

There are many exciting news about Java and gaming, wow. Really interesting. :-)
Thanks to all in the community and at SUN for your projects, the good infos here and the help in spreading the excellence of Java.

Well, be nice to each other please!

Btw it's such a pleasure (for me) to use Java, Xith3d and Jogl... Doing a game in Java, that's a dream coming true.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline blahblahblahh

JGO Coder

Medals: 1

http://t-machine.org

« Reply #33 - Posted 2004-04-01 16:48:35 »

BlahBlahBlahh,
Wow.  Honestly, I am amazed at some of the sentiments here.  I think we have done a good job in fostering relationships with this community and am really shocked by the attitudes of a few of you Sad

I emailed you repeatedly warning you that some of the actions of the GTG would have this effect. That they did should therefore come as no surprise.

With regard to JOGL, look.
Secondly, with regard to Java3D.

It seems that people have to make extreme accusations to get a response. I have noticed over the last 2 years that extreme posts get a response, where mild posts tend to get none. As you have admitted, the GTG has also been historically very bad at communication, although this has changed a lot recently. I do not blame people for continuing to make extreme posts just to get a reaction from you (as Cas admitted to doing recently).

Third, I have known how long Jeff was working on this and to try and diminish his accomplishments is childish.

You are accusing me of things I didn't say. If you'd been following my comments on Jeff's work, you'd have spotted that I went out of my way in my posts to say things like "in no way am I belittling Jeff's work". Why do you accuse me of this?

Now, with regard to BlahBlah, and I won't address this any more, if you think you have a solution that competes, great!  No problem.  But what tires me is your constant bashing of Sun in this community and your amazingly superior stance.

You talk about OUR lack of information yet you provide none on your site.

I've answered this before: my company is not Sun. We do not own java. We do not have control over Java. No-one looks to us for the nod before deciding to spend $25 million (raw costs + opportunity costs) developing their next game in Java instead of C++. I have never ever criticised Sun for an abstract lack of information; I *have* criticised Sun as the guardian of a platform for doing badly at promoting that platform and supporting those trying to use the platform, and for failing to take advantage of the opportunities that *only Sun has*.

With regard to being "pissed off" with the way the board was done.  It seems that you were the only one REALLY pissed off.  Hardly representative of the whole community.

Again, in private correspondence, I quoted to you some of the emails I'd had from people who were apparently afraid of rocking the boat but were expressing their frustration and anger to me privately. I pointed out that the words other people were using to describe the GTG were IMHO way over the top, but that I felt this was something you ought to be aware of. That you chose to ignore this does not mean it didn't happen.

To anyone wanting factual evidence, about 25% of people voted abstain in the election. Abstain actually had more votes than one of the candidates who was elected! This is usually seen as a sign that the electorate has *some* kind of problem.

You tell me that you havent noticed the updates to the front page,

No, I explicitly have *in this forum* thanked you and congratulated you on this. Several times.

You seem to want to do a hatchett-job on my character, apparently simply  because I make observations and unpleasant predictions you don't like, and challenge you on claims that I feel are false. I'm afraid you are not doing well simply because anyone can read my posts and see that your accusations of things I've said are the opposite of what I've actually said.

I only answered your post because I don't take kindly to multiple lies being spread about me in a single post. AFAICS you're only worsening the GTG's reputation with such posts, and personally I think you're mad to do so.

malloc will be first against the wall when the revolution comes...
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #34 - Posted 2004-04-01 17:13:13 »

Okay guys.

Theres a time to let emotions run and a time to calm back down.  Lets get back on topic.

Got a question about Java and game programming?  Just new to the Java Game Development Community?  Try my FAQ.  Its likely you'll learn something!

Offline kevglass

« JGO Spiffy Duke »

Medals: 221
Projects: 24
Exp: 18 years

Coder, Trainee Pixel Artist, Game Reviewer

« Reply #35 - Posted 2004-04-01 17:13:51 »

I'm not sure how much it will help, but I will admit that in private (and hence now in public) I wasn't really impressed with the board elections process ("pissed off" you might say). I'm not raising this to really bring the topic back up but just to voice that Adam isn't just talking out of his arse.

The only thing that I am finding distressing of recent months is the lack of open and non judging communication that is going on between different members of this community. As much as I realise its nice to hear how great a product/game/idea is people seem to try and jump on anyone trying to say that something maybe isn't on, isn't right or isn't fair.

From past experience with management I've found that "Yes Men" are very ego building, but people who are willing to challenge and question are far more useful. I would say that recently however the manner and culture of the challenge has become slightly more offensive and is causing bad feeling, which is a shame, because its obvious that there are a group of very talented and experienced people that actually could have some positive effect on teaching the C++ gaming world that Java is actually a really good idea.

Apologies for the longer post, two words is normally my maximum Wink

EDIT: Damn it, just after Jeff's post, sorry about that.

Kev

Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #36 - Posted 2004-04-01 17:18:51 »

No problem Kev.

We have a lot of very passionate people here, which is good. We care about this industry and whats going to happen in it and thats great.

We also, many of us, have invested large parts of ourselves and our lives in projects we care deeply about.  Thats terrific.

Its also natural that, when we feel like those efforts are being either denegrated or threatened, our hackles go up.  It happens, we deal with it, sometiems we over-react.  Its all natural,

But I think an old adage I learned a long time ago is a good one. Anytime any of us start to write a post containign the words "you' or "your"  (or Sun, because to many of us, Sun is in at least someways "you") we need to stop and ask ourselves if its really necessary.  Are we really communicating useful information or are we just releasing out own fears and frustrations?

And with THAT, I suggest we return to our previous topic.

Offline blahblahblahh

JGO Coder

« Reply #37 - Posted 2004-04-01 17:20:45 »

If GrexEngine is better* than Sim, it'll prevail.

I'd just like to make absolutely clear that I'm not trying to argue that. This is why I've not made any comparisons between our product and Sun's. I have never tried to argue that our product is superior, nor claimed that Sun's is inferior (FYI it sounds to me like it's probably the best solution for the problems it aims at).

Sun intermittently talked to us, promised many things, but ignored many emails, posts, etc - and never offered an apology or explanation. When someone in this thread suggested they could open up their work and start doing some kind of collaborative effort, I thought it fair to illustrate their prior disinterest in exactly that. I said this largely because I was hoping that I'd get a passionate response from Jeff or Chris that actually this policy had changed now that Sim Server was released and they were really interested in collaboration. Other people diverged this onto the idea that Sun has developed severe NIH syndrome.

As it happens, our work could have been entirely complementary to Sun's, if they'd been willing to talk. We actually have code that does functionally (and possibly algorithmically) exactly what Jeff's appears to do, only ours is much inferior (because we've put very little resource into it).  We had the algorithms and designs for this in 2001, and a prototype back in 2002, and would have been happy to replace it with Sim Server if we'd known what Sun were doing - we already encourage our licensees to use server-side tech from other companies where the tech is better than our own at solving a particular problem.

We would have *given* them a significant chunk of our property, gratis, to further their work or make it do more (because we felt we would benefit in the long run). We didn't get so much as a single explanation or apology for why endless requests, emails, and postings went ignored.

Offline blahblahblahh

JGO Coder

« Reply #38 - Posted 2004-04-01 17:23:33 »

If it helps, I apologise unreservedly for any offence I caused. I'm not interested in putting people down, just in correcting invalid assumptions and pointing out mistakes, and suggesting better ways of doing things.

Offline ChrisM

JGO Coder

Medals: 3
Projects: 1
Exp: 14 years

Luke...END OF LINE

« Reply #39 - Posted 2004-04-01 17:46:01 »

You are accusing me of things I didn't say. If you'd been following my comments on Jeff's work, you'd have spotted that I went out of my way in my posts to say things like "in no way am I belittling Jeff's work". Why do you accuse me of this?

You mean like: "...most games devs seem to have an unshakeable belief that java is "perfect" for server development, and they already know that Sun's Sim Server is far from defining the state-of-the-art."

Would love to know the "most" game houses you spoke to that saw what we did and thought is was far from defining state of the art. Smiley

I've answered this before: my company is not Sun. We do not own java. We do not have control over Java.

The JCP has control over Java, not Sun.  We pretty much have more JSRs shot down by the JCP than anyone else.  

No, I explicitly have *in this forum* thanked you and congratulated you on this. Several times.

Which is why I was confused as to your comment on our communication as we are working to improve it.

You seem to want to do a hatchett-job on my character, apparently simply  because I make observations and unpleasant predictions you don't like, and challenge you on claims that I feel are false. I'm afraid you are not doing well simply because anyone can read my posts and see that your accusations of things I've said are the opposite of what I've actually said.

I dont think I am doing a hatchet job here, just speaking out against some of your opinions as you do to ours.  You have not even seen the sim server, dont know how its built, but insist on commenting on how poor you think it is.

And where have I lied?  I havent made any comments about your character, just your arguments.  If you are quick to point out how inferior our technologies, communication and methods are, why dont you back them up by example?  

Again, I have not attacked your character, but I take issues with some of your opinions about Sun.  Yes, most of your posts do sound like you are angry, but I dont see that as a reflection of your character, just a reaction of the moment.  In fact, I have been one of your supporters here and do feel that you make good contributions to this community.  As of late, however, most of the comments feel negative and not constructive.

No hard feelings here, just reflecting back.  Now...back on topic Smiley

-Chris

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline blahblahblahh

JGO Coder

« Reply #40 - Posted 2004-04-01 18:44:54 »

You mean like: "...most games devs seem to have an unshakeable belief that java is "perfect" for server development, and they already know that Sun's Sim Server is far from defining the state-of-the-art."

Gross over-simplification Smiley intended just to help explain why I don't believe it's *possible* for SimServer to do any damage to a community or otherwise - again, just to be clear, I'm not implying it would!

The JCP has control over Java, not Sun.  We pretty much have more JSRs shot down by the JCP than anyone else.  

FYI whilst I'm sure it's true, it does often require a large mental shift for people to understand and accept that. I know that I would have found it very hard to believe until I started looking in depth at particular JSR's and tracking them long-term.

I dont think I am doing a hatchet job here, just speaking out against some of your opinions as you do to ours.  You have not even seen the sim server, dont know how its built, but insist on commenting on how poor you think it is.

This is part of my confusion: I've not yet said a bad word about it, from my perspective Huh. To me, commenting upon the product strategy that led to a product being developed is completely unrelated to commenting on the efficacy or quality of the product itself. With hindsight, it occurs to me that perhaps you don't draw the same strong line between them?

e.g. When I've worked in or with corporate dev teams, I've seen several cases of absolute crud project specs which should NEVER have been authorised... being implemented outstandingly well by a brilliant team! Often, of course, they sell very poorly compared to predictions, simply because the requirements were inappropriate - no reflection on the implementation team!

Equally, I've seen brilliant projects (e.g. Lotus Notes) ruined by a dev team who blundered about not quite knowing what they were doing (that's what happens when the chief architect sells his shares and retires, I think Wink).

As of late, however, most of the comments feel negative and not constructive.

I've been pitching product to games developers for the last 2 years. When you come along and say you have "the holy grail", and it does something that at least 3 other companies *could have done if they wanted to* several years previously - and incidentally which at least *some* of them have already done, functionally if not to anything like the same performance - then I find it hard to say something positive about that bold claim. Perhaps, in all seriousness, I should at least have saluted you for sticking your neck out Smiley.

There are other things that you said which I found equally hard to swallow. Perhaps it's fair that you hoped for a more supportive and excited reaction - especially given how much positive reaction you'd already had - and I should have been less blunt. Probably my frustration that on something like 7 occasions you (or Jeff, or someone else) said "sign an NDA and we'll talk" but never actually sent me the NDA, and then came out with something we could - and would - have helped you with, made me more judgemental than I normally would be.

e.g. if I came along to these forums for the first time and said "Forget Java, I've written a cool new language. It's C++ syntax, but...it uses a virtual machine to run on *ANY* platform! The performance is really really bad, but no-one cares about performance." how would you react? How well could you let them down gently? PS: this is only an illustrative analogy - it probably doesn't bear up too well, so don't over-analyse it Smiley.

EDIT: the next sentence is perhaps unfair: there may well be some major fora I'm ignorant of where you are indeed very active. I'd appreciate it if you could point them out to me.

In addition, no-one from the GTG participates in any of the key fora for MMOG development (I've seen fewer than 5 GTG posts across all the different media, and I am *very* widely involved) - even though I've given the URL's for the key ones several times on this board. I may have been less than generous partly because I saw a group who don't participate with the industry expert fora coming along with something old, claiming it was new, and claiming it solved the problem that everyone else had been struggling with (and so far not probably succeeeded in doing). When in fact everyone currently working in this area has moved on to solving other problems which are felt to be far more important.

If I came across as arrogant or feeling superior, it's because I know what reactions your claims would get in particular circles, and they're not complimentary (although they needn't be unfriendly).  Your claims sound naive and ignorant to me, and I protest them because - IF I'm right - and if no-one else does, how much time and money will you lose learning from your mistakes? I always allow that I could be wrong, but I've probably been made at making that allowance clear in recent weeks. Partly because we're in crunch time at the moment, and we're all a bit bad at keeping our tempers right now Sad.

Most of all, I hope this softens some of what I've said before. I also hope this explains better the points I'm trying to make. If you still feel that I'm just completely wrong, or that my claims are without merit, then that's fine. I can at least be sure I *tried* to persuade you otherwise, and we can compare notes in 5 years time Smiley.

Offline princec

« JGO Spiffy Duke »

Medals: 439
Projects: 3
Exp: 16 years

Eh? Who? What? ... Me?

« Reply #41 - Posted 2004-04-01 20:31:45 »

GIVE ME MODERATOR POWERS OVER THE WHOLE FORUM, MORTALS, AND I WILL BE LENIENT!

No really, I would like mod power over all the forums, if only to split off off-topic threads and move topics about a bit, then I can clean this thread up a bit and move it into 2 threads, f'rexample.

Cas Smiley

Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #42 - Posted 2004-04-01 21:15:50 »

Well a large  (and very successful) part of my job for 2.5 years at TEN was selling a technology base to big name professional game developers.

I've got lots of experience in that area, and we have it well in hand in the GTG,  but thanks for your concern.

(Oh Herk, just noticed your question. No, TimesTen is unrelated to TEN. They actually came out of a research project at HP, of all places.)

Offline vrm

Junior Devvie

where I should sign ?

« Reply #43 - Posted 2004-04-02 03:58:21 »

could I have a summary whyLWJGL API is not JCP compiliant ? (simple curiosity)
Offline princec

« JGO Spiffy Duke »

Eh? Who? What? ... Me?

« Reply #44 - Posted 2004-04-02 06:22:36 »

It could be, it's just that we've never submitted it because we want to remain agile and responsive to developers' needs. It could conceivably become an Endorsed Standard (is that the term?) like the Apache stuff.

Cas Smiley

Offline vrm

Junior Devvie

where I should sign ?

« Reply #45 - Posted 2004-04-02 06:35:06 »

wait 0.9 when your API will be frozen  Grin
Offline abies

Senior Devvie

« Reply #46 - Posted 2004-04-02 08:32:10 »

could I have a summary whyLWJGL API is not JCP compiliant ? (simple curiosity)

AFAIK, nobody said it ISN'T JCP compiliant. It WASN'T at the time decision was made (2 years ago?).

My guess would be about raw int pointers which were used everywhere, going a bit against java hygiene.

Artur Biesiadowski
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #47 - Posted 2004-04-02 16:30:52 »

well its not JCP 'compliant' because it has nothing to do with the JCP.  Its never been thorugh the process (nor has JOGL, yet, the process is just starting.)

Its not standards compliant because it hasn't tried to either become a stadnard (go through the JCP) or match an existing stadnard.  Again today neither is JOGL, but assuming JOGL keeps in step with the OGL JSR now started and the JSR completes, some day it may be.

Now a different question is "could LWJGL make it through the JCP process?"  The answer is that ita probably not likely because it defines not just an API but an entire new platform.  What is in it is not as improtant in this case as what is missing.  

There are already a set of base stripped down Java specifications (profiles ontop of CLDC and CDC).  It would have a much better chance of suceeding in the stadnards procvess if it built ontop of one of those.

Offline JasonB

Junior Devvie

« Reply #48 - Posted 2004-04-02 18:17:40 »

How important is standards compliance in this case though?

As I believe has been mentioned elsewhere, LWJGL's success or failure will be based upon its merits.  Personally I don't see the standards process being important for a project like LWJGL, where it obviously is for something like JOGL.

Sorry to be contributing to the completely off-topic posts, but just wanted to add my 2c.
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #49 - Posted 2004-04-02 23:28:26 »

Beats me if its important Smiley

Abotu the only value I can think of is that it might get proted for you to other platforms if it were a standard.

Someone asked about JCP and LWGL so Iw as just explainaing the realtionship. **shrug**

Offline ChrisM

JGO Coder

Luke...END OF LINE

« Reply #50 - Posted 2004-04-03 02:55:44 »

How important is standards compliance in this case though?

As I believe has been mentioned elsewhere, LWJGL's success or failure will be based upon its merits.  Personally I don't see the standards process being important for a project like LWJGL, where it obviously is for something like JOGL.

Sorry to be contributing to the completely off-topic posts, but just wanted to add my 2c.

Not being compliant means that you cant use the Java brand for any promotion and cant call it "Java technology".  Other reasons, but that is a biggie.

-ChrisM

Offline princec

« JGO Spiffy Duke »

Eh? Who? What? ... Me?

« Reply #51 - Posted 2004-04-03 14:16:20 »

We don't in the least bit care about branding and standards. We just want to see great games Smiley and I reckon that we don't need what the JCP offers to achieve our goals.

Cas Smiley

Offline ChrisM

JGO Coder

Luke...END OF LINE

« Reply #52 - Posted 2004-04-06 23:10:37 »

We don't in the least bit care about branding and standards.

Biting my tongue....   Lips Sealed

-ChrisM Wink

Offline Bombadil

Senior Devvie

« Reply #53 - Posted 2004-04-07 04:32:34 »

We don't in the least bit care about branding and standards. We just want to see great games :)

Standards are highly important actually. Many parts of the IT world suck so hard because of the lack of standards. I guess you know that...
Offline abies

Senior Devvie

« Reply #54 - Posted 2004-04-07 05:42:39 »

Standards are highly important actually. Many parts of the IT world suck so hard because of the lack of standards. I guess you know that...

Some other parts with "standards" suck a lot harder... Normally you can discuss with other people about solutions, but if they will lock into 400-billion-flies-cannot-be-wrong mode, you have lost before the start.

I'm not against the standards per-se, but I'm very cautious - management stuff tend to overuse them (XML for TCP/IP header is maybe an imaginary overkill, but you get an idea).

Artur Biesiadowski
Offline vrm

Junior Devvie

where I should sign ?

« Reply #55 - Posted 2004-04-07 06:03:59 »

yes but in some kind of situtation standards aren't good (/me points to fullscreen with Awt/Swing under Linux)
so sometimes it deserve a big kick in the mass for be efficient
Offline ChrisM

JGO Coder

Luke...END OF LINE

« Reply #56 - Posted 2004-04-07 17:10:05 »

Some other parts with "standards" suck a lot harder... Normally you can discuss with other people about solutions, but if they will lock into 400-billion-flies-cannot-be-wrong mode, you have lost before the start.

I'm not against the standards per-se, but I'm very cautious - management stuff tend to overuse them (XML for TCP/IP header is maybe an imaginary overkill, but you get an idea).

Ask EA if they think technology standards are important. :)

-ChrisM

Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #57 - Posted 2004-04-07 22:19:46 »

To sort of pull this back on topic, standards are critical where either inter-operability or resource-sharing are required.

The Sim Server (though someone around Sun told me I can start calling it the Game Server again, which was its original name) attempts to define a standard operating envrionment that game server apps can execute in and rely on.  

To me, this is as important as the other things it does (offloading fault tolerance, persistance, load balancing, etc from the game developer) because it enables a new model where data center costs can be shared across many apps.

As I see it thats a key to getting the cost of entry of MMOLGs down to where its not just a rich-man's game.

Offline phazer

Junior Devvie

Come get some

« Reply #58 - Posted 2004-04-08 09:02:10 »

When will the Sim Server be released and under what license? Sounds like a really interesting piece of technology that I could use for a project, but only if it is open source.  
Wink

Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #59 - Posted 2004-04-08 23:02:35 »

This is a piece of Sun Advanced Development technology. I would not hold your breath for it to be open sourced.

What you might see is a "playground" set of servers that allowed you to upload and run open source content for it on free servers operated by us our partners.

You might also see a free SDK that let you run a single local server stack for development but not for deployment.

Those are "mights", not promises.  But if either or both interest you, you might want to make that interest known as statements of ineterest from the community help things like that to happen.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

Mr.CodeIt (13 views)
2014-12-27 04:03:04

TheDudeFromCI (17 views)
2014-12-27 02:14:49

Mr.CodeIt (25 views)
2014-12-23 03:34:11

rwatson462 (56 views)
2014-12-15 09:26:44

Mr.CodeIt (46 views)
2014-12-14 19:50:38

BurntPizza (92 views)
2014-12-09 22:41:13

BurntPizza (113 views)
2014-12-08 04:46:31

JscottyBieshaar (86 views)
2014-12-05 12:39:02

SHC (97 views)
2014-12-03 16:27:13

CopyableCougar4 (102 views)
2014-11-29 21:32:03
How do I start Java Game Development?
by gouessej
2014-12-27 19:41:21

Resources for WIP games
by kpars
2014-12-18 10:26:14

Understanding relations between setOrigin, setScale and setPosition in libGdx
by mbabuskov
2014-10-09 22:35:00

Definite guide to supporting multiple device resolutions on Android (2014)
by mbabuskov
2014-10-02 22:36:02

List of Learning Resources
by Longor1996
2014-08-16 10:40:00

List of Learning Resources
by SilverTiger
2014-08-05 19:33:27

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:20:17

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:19:50
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org