Has anybody else run into a problem with the scenegraph.io package dropping normals?
Here's what I'm doing:
1) Create a Switch containing 3 Shape3Ds with different LODs
2) Recalculate all the normals on the Shape3Ds to smooth over seams.
3) Add the Switch to a BranchGroup
4) Write out the BranchGroup using the SceneGraphFileWriter.
5) Attach the BranchGroup to a live universe.
So that all seems to work, everything displays fine, including the smoothed normals.
But then, I restart the program with a "load scenegraph" flag turned on:
1) Read in the BranchGroup using a SceneGraphFileReader
2) Attach the BranchGroup to a live universe.
The normals are messed up! They are not even the original (non-smoothed) normals, but something else entirely!
The rest of the geometry, including texture coordinates, appearance, etc. is fine -- just the normals are clobbered.
Anybody else run into this problem?
Is anybody else actually using the Scenegraph IO utilities?