Come play a leading role in the growth of the Walt Disney Internet Group, WDIG, the online division of the Walt Disney Company. WDIG consists of many of the Web's most popular sites and services, including Disney.com, ABC.com, ABCNews.com, ESPN.com, FamilyFun.com, Movies.com and our own portal, Go.com. Join WDIG and be a part of the team that makes ideas come to life! WDIG provides a leading Internet web guide, e-commerce, Internet services, and the best content on the web!
The Disney Mobile Studios team is looking for a Porting Lead to manage the porting process for our domestic wireless games and applications (BREW, JAVA and 3D) published under the name Starwave Mobile. The duties of this position include the development and implementation of programs and services that will support both the internal processes and the external porting vendors’ ability to develop and deliver high quality wireless games and applications.Responsibilities:
* Developing and coordinating of porting process for wireless games and applications including BREW, JAVA and 3D.
* Working with the internal creative team, external developers, and porting vendors to manage the product development and QA timelines to ensure timely delivery of a quality product.
* Coordinating quality approvals through the third party developers and internal/external creative teams.
* Tracking bug reporting with QA and porting developers.
* Assisting Submissions Lead in managing delivery of the product to our distribution partners.
* Testing products before delivery to carriers/partners.
* Managing any problems, bugs, and fixes that are required for the product to function properly.
* Tracking and monitoring multiple SKUs (games and applications).
* Developing proven porting and distribution process for wireless content.
* Creating bug databases to track and communicate porting issues.
* Developing porting roadmaps and timelines, and foreseeing/solving bottlenecks in the product development and porting processes.Qualifications:
* 3+ years experience project or product management or leadership experience within Production or QA
* Proven track record of client/account management experience
* 3+ years experience within wireless or a similar industry, such as internet, media, gaming or consulting
* Knowledge of wireless technologies, industry and wireless market trends a plus – must be interested in this area and willing to learn
* Game development or QA experience a strong plus
* Strong computer skills - proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, and Photoshop
* Bachelor degreeSpecific Skills Required
* Strong analytical abilities; experience in statistical reporting and analysis
* Self starter; ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
* Initiative, quick learning ability, and a flexible attitude to navigate a rapidly changing arena
* Demonstrated leadership and ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Outstanding attention to detail and organizational abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Customer care and quality focus
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.comPlease reference the following in the subject line of the email: WDIGGAMEPORTINGLEAD
We regret that we will only be able to respond to those applicants whose qualifications meet our interest. EOE