After a lot of work I'm really glad to announce that the new version AgentFX 2.1 is released.
Some words about this release:
- Major update and rewrite of the scene graph and the rendering engine.
- Improved vertex- and pixel- shader support using Cg-language.
- Resource-based input/output for use with Java Webstart.
- A new input system *new feature* (beta on Mac)
- Better documentation
- A setof tutorials so you can get started right away...
Also the licensing model is totally new and allows even really small companies to start using AgentFX (with all its' cool features like real-time shadows-doom3-style, dynamic lights etc) commercially:
- Commercial version: 1295 Euro
- Education version: 295 Euro
- Non-commercial version: Free !
The commercial version include what you might call a "run-time license". A small company with for example two developers can buy two commercial licenses (one for each computer they develop on), and after that they can sell, distribute and use their game as commercially as they like...
The Non-commercial version can be used by individuals and the resulting game/app can be distributed as long as the game/app itself and it's distribution channel is non-commercial. It includes all features available in the Commercial version. A small AgentFX logo will be visible in the lower right corner... It's small though Download and start developing now!!!
We're waiting for your feedback and questions