i just left 2 months to finish it
can anybody tell me what shold i do?
Two months to learn Java and write a game is VERY
I will be surprised if you can do it.
(I would be surprised if I
could do it!)
2. Ask your lecturer if she will accept a game that prints 'Hello World' to the screen.
When she says no, repeat step 1.
3. Download a good Java editor
Most people would recommend IntelliJ, Eclipse or NetBeans. I like IntelliJ.
4. Do an 'introduction to Java' tutorial.
There are links to two of these above.
5. Read some of the game-related tutorials above.
I would suggest the Ping articles (sys-con.com) and then the Space Invaders 101 articles.
6. Type in some of the code from the articles and get it working.Type it in
, don't copy it - only entering it yourself will let you figure out what's going on.
7. Start your own game.
It will be easier to refactor the code you have typed in from the tutorial than starting from scratch again.
8. Spend about 18 hours a day on it (with two 1 hour breaks) until it is finished.
I seriously think it will take you this much time to learn Java and then write a game in two months.
9. Use Google.
It will get back to you with an answer much quicker than anyone on this forum.
10. If you really get stuck, come back here and ask questions when you run into problems
We cannot help you any more until you've actually learnt something and started writing a game.
Make sure you don't ask general Java questions (i.e. not related to games programming) on this site.
These should instead go on http://forum.java.sun.com/index.jspa
You will probably find the answers to most questions you will have are already there.