Games in Android Showcase (114)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (563)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  alot of custom APIS broke :-(  (Read 2249 times)
Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Posted 2004-12-09 02:49:03 »

i had trouble with lwjgl and now Xith3D doesn't seem to work :-( i get a noClassdeferror for javax/vecmath/toulpes3f or something

any help appreciated, i followed the instructions pretty straight forward.. if you can help me, contant me on aim  ( Kenshin5X ) to speed things up
Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #1 - Posted 2004-12-09 06:16:24 »

i discovered i had java1.4.2 and java5 installed at the same time, so idelete both and now i have a fresh install of java5 .. i followed the instructions on the siteb ut still the same error Undecided
Offline William Denniss

JGO Coder

Projects: 2

Fire at will

« Reply #2 - Posted 2004-12-09 06:18:19 »

are you sure vecmath.jar is in your classpath?

Will.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #3 - Posted 2004-12-09 17:59:19 »

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\ext

exact place it is in :O
Offline William Denniss

JGO Coder

Fire at will

« Reply #4 - Posted 2004-12-09 20:15:24 »

The APIs are not broken.  You need to have all the needed libs in your classpath.  The installation tutorial details this.  If you are having troubles, make sure you only have one version of the JRE installed.

Please search the forums and the internet for troubleshooting help if you can't get it to work following the installation docs.

Will.

Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #5 - Posted 2004-12-09 20:43:27 »

is there any chance you can give me a working link to props.java ? the program that finds your paths for you

and i never ment they're broke as in bad code; just ment that for some reason they didnt work on my computer..

update: i noticed i still had JRE 1.4.2 installed and uninstalled that but still nothing :-( i went in and changed JAVA_HOME to the java5 directory but still nothing ..
Offline William Denniss

JGO Coder

Fire at will

« Reply #6 - Posted 2004-12-09 20:52:05 »

my bad -- the link is fixed now:

http://xith.org/tutes/Prop.java

Try just referencing all the .jars in your java command (useing -cp and -Djava.library.path) if you are unable to "install" them.  Installation is just convenient.

Will.

Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #7 - Posted 2004-12-09 21:27:59 »

well i followed ur install tutorial EXACTLY and it doesn't work Undecided and im not good with command line compiling ..
Offline itistoday

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

« Reply #8 - Posted 2004-12-09 22:03:23 »

well i followed ur install tutorial EXACTLY and it doesn't work Undecided and im not good with command line compiling ..

Uh... it's just javac Prop.java. Then java Prop to run.
You should probably learn the basics before you try to learn xith.

Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #9 - Posted 2004-12-09 23:18:55 »

http://lockandload.8m.com/GemCannon04.jpg

I think I have that basics down, do you ?..

Now, because im unfortunate enough to not have my Xith3d working right off the bat, doesn't give you merit to come in here and flame me. Ive reinstalled the java SDK, xith serveral times and followed the tutorial line for line.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline itistoday

« Reply #10 - Posted 2004-12-09 23:28:16 »

http://lockandload.8m.com/GemCannon04.jpg

I think I have that basics down, do you ?..

Now, because im unfortunate enough to not have my Xith3d working right off the bat, doesn't give you merit to come in here and flame me. Ive reinstalled the java SDK, xith serveral times and followed the tutorial line for line.

Hey, sorry if I offended you, I really meant no offense.  It just sounded to me like you didn't know, I mean, compiling software from the command line (for me at least) is a standard thing I do all the time, maybe you're used to a GUI to do your compiling... And the problems you're having sound like basic classpath problems.  Run the program, if you're remembering to put the natives in java.library.path, and the libraries (including vecmath.jar) in java.ext.dirs and it's still not working then try manually specifying them in a bat file or something.

Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #11 - Posted 2004-12-10 01:54:03 »

can you give a example of what it would look like to add the files into a bat?

also for lwjgl, i could get things to compile in JCreator, with the library added to custom but they wouldn't execute unless i had all the lwjgl files in the same directory as the class and .java file. i wonder if the same will work for this?
Offline itistoday

« Reply #12 - Posted 2004-12-10 18:24:24 »

can you give a example of what it would look like to add the files into a bat?

also for lwjgl, i could get things to compile in JCreator, with the library added to custom but they wouldn't execute unless i had all the lwjgl files in the same directory as the class and .java file. i wonder if the same will work for this?

Take a look at the demos directory inside the xith folder, a lot of bat file for windows in there.  And just look at some help or read up on how to use the java and javac commands.

Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #13 - Posted 2004-12-10 20:57:00 »

to get lwjgl working on my comp i would have to put all the lwjgl files in with the class file on execution .. is a similar thing possible with xith?

UPDATE: made some progress, i put the vecmath jar in xith/third-party/vecmath

and it got rid of the tuple3f error but now a new one popped up: NoClassDefError: net/java/games/jogl/GLEventListener
Offline itistoday

« Reply #14 - Posted 2004-12-10 21:04:55 »

to get lwjgl working on my comp i would have to put all the lwjgl files in with the class file on execution .. is a similar thing possible with xith?

UPDATE: made some progress, i put the vecmath jar in xith/third-party/vecmath

and it got rid of the tuple3f error but now a new one popped up: NoClassDefError: net/java/games/jogl/GLEventListener

lwjgl is separate, to get xith working you don't need it.  Xith by default uses jogl. What exactly are you trying to run and how are you trying to run it?

Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #15 - Posted 2004-12-10 21:06:40 »

im running the runcube.bat in the demo directory

UPDATE: i had it in third-party/jogl-win32 so i changed it to third-party/jogl/jogl-win32 and the cube test worked when i ran the .bat Cheesy
Offline itistoday

« Reply #16 - Posted 2004-12-10 21:16:52 »

im running the runcube.bat in the demo directory

Well that's why you're having the trouble, you should've said that in your first post.  Runcube.bat is manually specifying the classpath location for all the libraries.  You don't want this if you're putting your classes into the java.ext.dirs and java.library.path.

Do this:
1) Put the native windows stuff (.dll and the like) in java.library.path
2) put non-native libraries including xith.jar, jogl.jar, and vecmath.jar into java.ext.dirs
3) open up Runcube.bat and look at what's written there. As you can see it's manually specifying the locations of all the libraries.  What you just want, since your libraries are loaded in by default since they're in those directories, is simply the last part that says: com.xith3d.test.CubeTest

4) simply type in the console 'java com.xith3d.test.CubeTest'

This should work if all your libraries are in the correct location.  Also, if you want to use Xith, then go to the download directory and get the latest CVS that's been built there (or download and compile the CVS yourself from xith3d.dev.java.net).

And last but not least, read all the FAQs on the xith homepage, and go here and read the getting started thing, read the interesting threads, etc.

Offline bgilb

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #17 - Posted 2004-12-10 21:31:59 »

thank you kind sir.
Offline itistoday

« Reply #18 - Posted 2004-12-10 21:39:00 »

thank you kind sir.

Happy it worked out for you Smiley

Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

BurntPizza (18 views)
2014-09-19 03:14:18

Dwinin (34 views)
2014-09-12 09:08:26

Norakomi (62 views)
2014-09-10 13:57:51

TehJavaDev (84 views)
2014-09-10 06:39:09

Tekkerue (42 views)
2014-09-09 02:24:56

mitcheeb (64 views)
2014-09-08 06:06:29

BurntPizza (47 views)
2014-09-07 01:13:42

Longarmx (35 views)
2014-09-07 01:12:14

Longarmx (39 views)
2014-09-07 01:11:22

Longarmx (36 views)
2014-09-07 01:10:19
List of Learning Resources
by Longor1996
2014-08-16 10:40:00

by SilverTiger
2014-08-05 19:33:27

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:20:17

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:19:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:29:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:26:06

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 11:54:12

HotSpot Options
by dleskov
2014-07-08 01:59:08
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org