Games in Showcase (579)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (500)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Mobile Games Selling Channels  (Read 1703 times)
Offline NitroooSoft

Junior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Posted 2004-10-13 15:24:14 »

We would like to invite all mobile games developers to present their games though our servis http://nitrooosoft.com. We are also looking for any available selling channels for our products. We believe that such kind of information may be useful for many developers. Best regards to all of you.
Offline blahblahblahh

JGO Coder

Medals: 1

http://t-machine.org

« Reply #1 - Posted 2004-10-13 16:05:44 »

I think there's another category that would be better to post in - perhaps Business? Anyway, I'm guessing you're Polish, but you ought to run a spellchecker/translator over your website if you want to sell to english-speaking people - some words like "grate" where you mean "great" stick out like a sore thumb.

The games you have already look nice enough although far too few, but... Why would a developer want to use this service instead of something like Revolution (which gets hundreds of thousands of purchases a day, and has been in service for several years)? I'm not saying they shouldn't, but you are charging a huge royalty (50%) and don't seem to be justifying it.

Your site has no traffic rankings at all on the major things for measuring this, which suggests you have very few hits - so why would a developer want to use your site (if you don't have hundreds of thousands of hits, the chances of them making a sale are miniscule)? What do they get out of it? I suggest you put a lot more effort into your sales pitch - make it so that developers read it and think "YES! I want to do this!".

The site is nicely designed, but...the idea is trivial for anyone else to do, so you really need to stand out a lot more  :-/ IMHO

malloc will be first against the wall when the revolution comes...
Offline blahblahblahh

JGO Coder

« Reply #2 - Posted 2004-10-13 17:15:17 »

PS: if you had some special link to Polish-speaking games players, perhaps if you were to translate submitted games into Polish (this is easy to do using java's internationalization on J2SE [BUT I have no idea what it's like on J2ME Sad] if the games developer writes their game properly - you just take a list of messages and write a text file containing the polish translations)

Or if you set up a partnership with some large Polish-speaking market (perhaps a Polish magazine or something).

Just ANYTHING to make you stand out from the crowd, something to give you a unique selling point (NB: if you were to offer to take a game, make a patch for it so that it was in Polish, and market it to a large Polish market then I would personally sign up straight away, even with the huge royalty rate)

PPS Sorry if you're not Polish - I just thought I recognised some Polish words in your HTML source Smiley.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline NitroooSoft

Junior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #3 - Posted 2004-10-13 19:23:38 »

Thanks for your reply. Yes we come from Poland. We don't want a developer to use our service insted other services. We would like to offer him an additional selling channel. We are interested in a non-exclusive distribution partnership, based on a revenue per download level. You asked "What do they get out of it?". The answer is: "They can't lose. If there are no sales, nobody earns". We started our online shop just one week ago and we will do our best to make it a good distribution channel for our and other developers' products in the near future. We think that developer's revenue of 50% is fair. We know that developing a game is as difficult as selling it, and what is more, we split other 50% between us and webmasters who we would like to pay for promoting our service.
Offline blahblahblahh

JGO Coder

« Reply #4 - Posted 2004-10-13 20:34:41 »

We think that developer's revenue of 50% is fair. We know that developing a game is as difficult as selling it, and what is more, we split other 50% between us and webmasters who we would like to pay for promoting our service.

But...here's the problem: you don't seem to be *doing* much to justify that 50%. IF you were able to say:

- we run a marketing campaign which reaches 30,000 people every month
- we have full-page advertising in magazines aimed at the youth market (18-24 years old)
- ...etc

then you would be showing how you're doing something to make a 50/50 split fair.

For reference, I've seen people selling the same service where they do a lot more marketing and promotion, and the split is more like 90/10 to the developer (I've also seen a similar service where the split is 40/60 to the developer).

Of course, all this is just my personal take - if you get a stampede of games developers with great games, feel free to come back and show me how wrong I was Grin. My guess is that you're not going to get much business at the moment.

Offline Malohkan

while (true) System.out.println("WOO!!!!");

« Reply #5 - Posted 2004-10-14 13:47:11 »

I have 3 mobile games I want to sell, but I won't use this site because
1 - 50/50 is too much for me, I don't know if I could take that unless the service was very good
2 - you seem to have 0 sales on your site.  Until you have some popularity, I wouldn't agree to the bother unless I was going to keep at least 70% of the profits.

so 70/30 Developer/Publisher I would do as the site is right now most likely, but I'm not the only voice in the company Wink

Admin and Game Developer at
GameLizard.com
Play Rimscape!    |    Play Conquer!
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

xsi3rr4x (37 views)
2014-04-15 18:08:23

BurntPizza (33 views)
2014-04-15 03:46:01

UprightPath (48 views)
2014-04-14 17:39:50

UprightPath (31 views)
2014-04-14 17:35:47

Porlus (48 views)
2014-04-14 15:48:38

tom_mai78101 (69 views)
2014-04-10 04:04:31

BurntPizza (129 views)
2014-04-08 23:06:04

tom_mai78101 (229 views)
2014-04-05 13:34:39

trollwarrior1 (193 views)
2014-04-04 12:06:45

CJLetsGame (200 views)
2014-04-01 02:16:10
List of Learning Resources
by SHC
2014-04-18 03:17:39

List of Learning Resources
by Longarmx
2014-04-08 03:14:44

Good Examples
by matheus23
2014-04-05 13:51:37

Good Examples
by Grunnt
2014-04-03 15:48:46

Good Examples
by Grunnt
2014-04-03 15:48:37

Good Examples
by matheus23
2014-04-01 18:40:51

Good Examples
by matheus23
2014-04-01 18:40:34

Anonymous/Local/Inner class gotchas
by Roquen
2014-03-11 15:22:30
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org