Hi William and All!
I'm rather strong in Xith3D and already have some commercial projects.
Then I want to add some phisics effects to some of my projects (walk, avatar object interacion etc.).
I did that:
1. Download odejava-0.1.1-full.zip (Is this latest? It is on the /old folder
2. Download ODE API documentation from http://www.odejava.org/javadoc/
3. Closely read boxDemo and carDemo.
Unfortunately, this all are not useful to begin ODE integration with my projects, because of:
1. API documentation and examples have not explanation how I must init ODE world:
world = new dWorld();
space = new dHashSpace(Ode.getPARENTSPACEID_ZERO());
contactGroup = new dJointGroup(0);
jointGroup = new dJointGroup(1);
world.setGravity(gravity.x, gravity.y, gravity.z);
Ode.setSurfaceMode(Ode.dContactBounce | Ode.dContactApprox1);
Where I can read some little explanation about using ODE World, JointGroup, dHashSpace etc.?
Is tutorial anywhere?
2. In API documentation I see classes: World, Body. But in examples: dWorld, dBody. How I must understand this?
3. What difference between Body.addForce() and Boby.setForce() ?
And many more questions about many classes and method because of API documentation no explain how to use their.