blah, how is this related to games?
- all the people who play my games need a JVM
- most people (85%+ going by JGF stats) are using windows
- as noted previously by people like dom (crystalsquid) there are already more than enough difficulties getting people to install / update java (even though I personally consider the benefits of requiring it to currently outweigh the loss in users for my own games)
- if there's a way around this 300Mb madness I need to know
in order to help out when gamesplayers are refusing to play my game(s) because of this
- ditto for when I try to argue on behalf of java games developers as part of my JGF work
why dont you post this in the right place in the first place? Offtopic
No way. The right place for this is "JVMs and java game distribution". Unfortunately, I couldn't find that forum anywhere
and there's already a backlog of 4 (off the top of my head) requested-and-agreed-upon categories from the jgo community that have yet to be created ... so it didn't seem a sensible move to wait for the category to appear!
Do you see what I'm getting at?
This is a forum, and a professional one if I might add, not your website's blog.
LOL I hate blogs. I think your comments here are misguided, but I definitely prefer you to discuss than to keep quiet