If you haven't already, have a look at the "pre-alpha" survivor:http://www.java-gaming.org/cgi-bin/JGNetForums/YaBB.cgi?board=Announcements;action=display;num=1086379007;start=105#117
We are now putting together a playable demo to take to publishers etc. The current playable version is only a small window onto what we want to do with this game, and we want to make the following major changes:
- complete overhaul of the graphics:
- Lots of models for monsters, not just "one model with different skins"
- Lots of random items in the level, e.g. torches, statues, etc
- "themed" levels with a consistent yet unique style
- Entirely new graphics for menus, more detailed menus, richer
- Extra levels, with a lot more variety, using new features (non-square walls, different height walls, random objects, destroyable objects, etc)
- Lots more game-logic, including:
- new gameplay modes ("hardcore", "multiplayer", "co-op" etc)
- much wider variety of AI, to go with the new monster models
- wide array of complex powerups (this is not just a pick-it-up-and-shoot system)
- "intelligent" cameras ... at the moment, our test version has a movable 3rd person camera, but we need to try out different chase-camera algos, each of which take time and skill to implement
Time is somewhat of the essence (isn't it always?) - we want demos ready this autumn - and so we are looking for the following (some or all of the below):
- Some experience with writing your own game(s). They don't need to be published, but they should be playable to prove that you know what you're doing. For artists, just some experience of making your own 3D models, whether or not they've ever been used in a game etc.
- The ability / commitment to meet deadlines. We work on a week-by-week basis, and you need to be able to fit in with that. Everything is scheduled in advance, so you'll know pretty much when you'll be doing everything in advance. If you agree to do something then disappear for a week or more without warning, we'll probably just dump you - no time for timewasters.
- Enthusiasm for the game.
We have no financial backing for this at the moment, but that's what this demo is working towards: either a contract or something worth turning into a self-funded game. At that point, we'll have to tie in all the developers with contracts, or people can just walk away.
Email me at ceo @ grexengine.com if interested
PS DP I'll mail you later this week.