Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll have to do way more testing in general as the SAT method is boolean and it won't change from false no matter what I seem to do, tunnelling isn't a problem for me yet.
Unfortunately, when I tried to write the SAT algorithm for myself, it did not go well... this was the one that finally worked, but even that took some work.https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/blob/master/gdx/src/com/badlogic/gdx/math/Intersector.java
Unfortunately, I'm a bit too much of a noob to offer much better advice than to go through the process of drawing the lines and stepping through.
What I can do is bring up some of the factors that were holding me back:
- I was not using translated polygons, so, while I was drawing the polygons correctly, the actual polygons were at a different position.
- I was not properly calculating the projection vector, this was tricky and I didn't realize it until I started drawing all the results (that was right before I gave up on writing my own, because I realized I was just working the math wrong)
- Once I got the algorithm, I had trouble calculating the MTV, which was partly because while I was adding the speed I wasn't scaling to deltaT for the MTV calculation...
There's a lot of things that can go wrong, and I do wish I could offer better help, but I also remember how there weren't many implementations of SAT that people would share, except in c# or c++, that I could find online. At least with the example, you can compare code that definitely does work with what you have... good luck.