Games in Android Showcase (231)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (856)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 [2]
  ignore  |  Print  
  RPG Game (Early Alpha)  (Read 29973 times)
Offline Archive
« Reply #30 - Posted 2015-06-17 05:08:13 »

I'm not trying to call you a plagiarizer or anything, but I played your demo and it "plays" a lot like the one you can make while following the tutorial. Everything is the same down to the animations and camera movement, which isn't a bad thing but if you are following his tutorials then giving him credit would be good to do.

This is the point I was trying to make earlier in the thread. Well said.
DarkCart, I looked at that thread you made last year about the "3D" "room." Give credits to whoever's tutorial you followed because I'm 99% you did not do that. Problems arise when you lie.

Offline DarkCart

JGO Kernel

Medals: 124
Projects: 9
Exp: 50 years

It's all in the mind, y'know.

« Reply #31 - Posted 2015-06-17 11:43:09 »

I'm not trying to call you a plagiarizer or anything, but I played your demo and it "plays" a lot like the one you can make while following the tutorial. Everything is the same down to the animations and camera movement, which isn't a bad thing but if you are following his tutorials then giving him credit would be good to do.

This is the point I was trying to make earlier in the thread. Well said.
DarkCart, I looked at that thread you made last year about the "3D" "room." Give credits to whoever's tutorial you followed because I'm 99% you did not do that. Problems arise when you lie.

Didn't I put this at the end?

P.S. Thanks to the Cherno (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChernoProject) for help with this.

How did I lie? I even credited the tutorial maker.

The darkest of carts.
Offline CopyableCougar4
« Reply #32 - Posted 2015-06-17 12:29:50 »

DarkCart, you added that after you got called out on it.

Either wandering the forum or programming. Most likely the latter Smiley

Github: http://github.com/CopyableCougar4
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline DarkCart

JGO Kernel

Medals: 124
Projects: 9
Exp: 50 years

It's all in the mind, y'know.

« Reply #33 - Posted 2015-06-17 14:21:50 »

We all make mistakes, you know..

The darkest of carts.
Offline Archive
« Reply #34 - Posted 2015-06-17 14:37:50 »

We all make mistakes, you know..
You said "Didn't I put this at the end?"
Instead of putting it at the end, you should put it at the beginning. Smiley Just friendly tips to help you get around lol.

Offline TGStudios
« Reply #35 - Posted 2015-07-01 11:25:35 »

I write the code at the moment new and added my own textures I Will release a next Version in the next few hours or days so its no Plagiarism anymore.

Offline ags1

JGO Kernel

Medals: 367
Projects: 7

Make code not war!

« Reply #36 - Posted 2015-07-02 10:07:12 »

I wouldn't stress about it, you have to start somewhere. All source code is ultimately copy-pasted from StackOverflow. This includes the code snippets on StackOverflow itself. Smiley

Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #37 - Posted 2015-07-02 17:54:34 »

I wouldn't stress about it, you have to start somewhere. All source code is ultimately copy-pasted from StackOverflow. This includes the code snippets on StackOverflow itself. Smiley

I disagree with this, I rarely copy code from StackOverflow (not that I haven't before), but most of the time if someone runs into a problem, I think anyone who understands programming on more than a basic level is just looking for logic/a way to go about it, and not the code its self.

I think if you are constantly copying code from StackOverflow you aren't really doing yourself any good and probably not honestly learning much from it. I've seen lots of people run into problems because all they know how to do is copy+paste code and not actually write any of their own.

Just because you can copy+paste code and get something from it, doesn't mean you can program.
Offline BurntPizza

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

Medals: 486
Exp: 7 years

« Reply #38 - Posted 2015-07-02 18:52:53 »

It was sarcasm. (mostly  persecutioncomplex)
Offline Opiop
« Reply #39 - Posted 2015-07-02 19:01:37 »

It was sarcasm. (mostly  persecutioncomplex)
This is brilliant, whoever did that is a hero.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline ags1

JGO Kernel

Medals: 367
Projects: 7

Make code not war!

« Reply #40 - Posted 2015-07-02 19:47:22 »

I disagree with this, I rarely copy code from StackOverflow (not that I haven't before), but most of the time if someone runs into a problem, I think anyone who understands programming on more than a basic level is just looking for logic/a way to go about it, and not the code its self.

Yup, I was being sarcastic, and I was suggesting that people are being a bit hard on the OP. But I don't agree with the above statement. If you know how to program you can figure out the logic for yourself, where you get stuck is not knowing the @#$! method name.

Pages: 1 [2]
  ignore  |  Print