Games in Android Showcase (224)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (814)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  ignore  |  Print  
  Exiled Kingdoms -Classic RPG- Released on Play Store  (Read 149409 times)
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #30 - Posted 2015-05-16 00:33:27 »

@scanevaro , I sent you an invite, thanks! Smiley 

@EgonOlsen, I just published a new build, 0.4.717, whih should prevent the problem you had with Adaon. Tricky for me because I can't reproduce the problem, but I added all kind of checks to properly asign the companion AI after zoning.

@bornander, I will look into the memory problem but it may take me some time, it implies refactoring a lot of my sprites code. I apologize for the inconvenience. Meanwhile I advise using a device with at least 1Gb RAM, that should be more than enough.

New build:

v.0.4.717  -  16/5/15

-Improved collision detection, you should be able to pass through narrow corridors more easily.
-Improved auto-facing on attack. Supposedly was fixed in .715, but it was still not right.
-Cleric items added:blessed chain set.
-Town Hall quests now give some XP too.
-Mapped keyboard for attack and movement (Enter + arrows)
-Fixed some loot tables - rubies were not dropping, and some monsters dropped nothing.
-New content added, included a new step of the main quest.

Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #31 - Posted 2015-05-16 10:56:22 »

The new version crashes when I try to talk to the guy in the library in New Garand.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #32 - Posted 2015-05-16 11:08:19 »

The new version crashes when I try to talk to the guy in the library in New Garand.

Ah crap. It's what I get for testing only in PC... case insensitive file names Sad

Fixing it in tonight's build. Is Adaon working as intended now? And I know you hate day-night cycle, but can you see it better now?

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #33 - Posted 2015-05-16 11:51:53 »

I'm currently running around with...I forgot the name...some woman, so I can't comment on Adaon ATM. About the night: To be honest, it's still too dark for my taste. I actually don't see a difference at all. Maybe I would in a side by side comparison, but even if...it's still very dark.

Offline scanevaro
« Reply #34 - Posted 2015-05-16 14:04:29 »

K, i played it an amount of 2 hours pretty much so far...
and let me tell you... I LOVE IT!

Game is entretening, i play it and want to get further and see whats next. Of course, im an oldschool Diablo 2 (havent played 1 and 3) and Torchlight 2 player, but doesnt take the fact that is entreteining and its one of the most complete games i have played on mobiles so far.

Gameplay: 8/10
I think it take a bit of time (like 10 or 15 minutes) to get your first item, pretty much, and that can drive away some more casual players.
I remember playing Torchlight 2 demo the first time and after killing a couple of mobs, a cool and rare item dropped, and that was like "OHH SHIII" and played it even more haha.

Health is something that can be balanced a bit better on my point of view. I desperately tried to keep safe and tried to replenish health hahaha, that made me build my Warrior more towards defense. Running from mobs once you have low health gives you an interesting feeling haha, which is great! I dont know how to describe it.

Controls: 9/10
For a mobile game, its perfect. For an ARPG, being mobile kinda takes something away, you know? like, you know you can play it better. But still its a 10.
This is where gameplay overlaps a bit with the tecnology used for the game.

Music/SFX: 8/10
Sound effects are all great, maybe a bit more ambience sounds could make them even better.
Music is great on its own. I would just see if first theme in the game can be a bit more exciting, everything else seems great so far.

Crash reports:
Havent found any crash yet. Im playing on a Oneplus One.

Other:
-Game doesnt have a quit button. Maybe you could catch the Back Button press and pop up a dialog that asks if want to leave.

So far this is my review Smiley

Overall: 9/10  Grin
Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #35 - Posted 2015-05-16 14:44:21 »

Adaon works fine now... Smiley However, it actually doesn't really matter because all the companions have a stamina only slightly above a pot plant. It's fun to have them with you, but they aren't very helpful.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #36 - Posted 2015-05-16 15:14:50 »

K, i played it an amount of 2 hours pretty much so far...
and let me tell you... I LOVE IT!

Game is entretening, i play it and want to get further and see whats next. Of course, im an oldschool Diablo 2 (havent played 1 and 3) and Torchlight 2 player, but doesnt take the fact that is entreteining and its one of the most complete games i have played on mobiles so far.

Gameplay: 8/10
I think it take a bit of time (like 10 or 15 minutes) to get your first item, pretty much, and that can drive away some more casual players.
I remember playing Torchlight 2 demo the first time and after killing a couple of mobs, a cool and rare item dropped, and that was like "OHH SHIII" and played it even more haha.

Health is something that can be balanced a bit better on my point of view. I desperately tried to keep safe and tried to replenish health hahaha, that made me build my Warrior more towards defense. Running from mobs once you have low health gives you an interesting feeling haha, which is great! I dont know how to describe it.

Controls: 9/10
For a mobile game, its perfect. For an ARPG, being mobile kinda takes something away, you know? like, you know you can play it better. But still its a 10.
This is where gameplay overlaps a bit with the tecnology used for the game.

Music/SFX: 8/10
Sound effects are all great, maybe a bit more ambience sounds could make them even better.
Music is great on its own. I would just see if first theme in the game can be a bit more exciting, everything else seems great so far.

Crash reports:
Havent found any crash yet. Im playing on a Oneplus One.

Other:
-Game doesnt have a quit button. Maybe you could catch the Back Button press and pop up a dialog that asks if want to leave.

So far this is my review Smiley

Overall: 9/10  Grin

Well, I'm very glad you like it! After so much work, it's always a great motivation to hear something like that Smiley

Exit button: yes, there will be one before release. Until then, just hit the Home button. Your game will be saved.

Early items: that's a very good point. I should give some sense of accomplishment to players that may still be struggling with the controls and gamerules. I'll think of something.

Adaon works fine now... Smiley However, it actually doesn't really matter because all the companions have a stamina only slightly above a pot plant. It's fun to have them with you, but they aren't very helpful.

I may need to balance them still but, remember, you're supposed to equip them (and level them up) also, their skills will be active soon, so you can give them more HP. But I'll look into it, maybe they're a little puny. I just didn't want them to be too overpowered.

Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #37 - Posted 2015-05-16 16:48:07 »

Especially the generic ones that you can hire for 100 or 200 GP are really useless. They die almost instantly.
However, here comes a funny one: I was on one of these generic quests (get some ring from some tomb). So I found the ring, grabbed it from the chest, opened the inventory again and used the teleportation scroll. It savely teleported me to the next town. But the ring was gone. So i returned to the tomb, opened the chest again and found the ring AND a teleportation scroll (which hasn't been there before).

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #38 - Posted 2015-05-16 17:10:32 »

Especially the generic ones that you can hire for 100 or 200 GP are really useless. They die almost instantly.
However, here comes a funny one: I was on one of these generic quests (get some ring from some tomb). So I found the ring, grabbed it from the chest, opened the inventory again and used the teleportation scroll. It savely teleported me to the next town. But the ring was gone. So i returned to the tomb, opened the chest again and found the ring AND a teleportation scroll (which hasn't been there before).

Yep, those are rather puny atm, they'll certainly be more varied, interesting, and sometimes powerful.

That's weird with the ring, I'll look into the logs. Maybe your inventory was full and you didn't actually take it? when you try that, it falls to the ground (I know... Tongue)

In any case, related to that problem, tonight's update adds item stacking, so it'll make things easier.

Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #39 - Posted 2015-05-16 17:35:00 »

Maybe...but then, it wouldn't be back in the chest or would it? Anyway, item stacking will be very welcome. I finally reached level 7 and was able to add a third healing/day...yeah!

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #40 - Posted 2015-05-16 21:11:21 »

Maybe...but then, it wouldn't be back in the chest or would it?

Grats on that third recovery!

The fact there was a scroll of recall means the chest respawned, randomly, but the quest was still in the stage where the seal ring has never been taken yet.

I was wrong, when your inventory is full, you can't pick up more items, they don't go to the ground (that only happens when you are given an item, during a script, for instance a quest reward during conversation).

So my only plausible scenario, apart from a massive bug (which certainly is possible, there's a LOT of stuff going on in the mere act of picking up an item here...), is that it was never taken, maybe you hit "take", and didnt notice your inventory was full, and then closed the container window and teleported away. The next time you entered the dungeon, as you never took the ring, it respawned again on the chest, this time with a different random loot (i.e., the scroll). If it had been taken, it wouldn't respawn again.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #41 - Posted 2015-05-17 20:54:02 »

New version uploaded (as always, it can take several hours until it's updated in Google Play).

v.0.4.719  -  17/5/15

-Various bugfixes related to item stacking
-The "Take" Button will be disabled when inventory is full.
-fixed viewport for aspect ratio different than 16:9
-Companions can now train skills! (just passive ones for now)
-Balance: Slightly nerfed Cleric skill Heal Wounds, and clerics can't wear plate anymore.

Full changelog here

Offline SauronWatchesYou

JGO Ninja

Medals: 33
Projects: 4
Exp: 2 years

Hi there! :)

« Reply #42 - Posted 2015-05-18 23:01:47 »

Really wish I didn't sell my Android now Sad

Game looks really good! The art looks great and I love these type of games Pointing

Hey, you! Back to work
Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #43 - Posted 2015-05-25 08:57:23 »

I'll come back to this...at the moment, The Witcher 3 needs all my attention... Grin

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #44 - Posted 2015-05-25 12:10:49 »

I'll come back to this...at the moment, The Witcher 3 needs all my attention... Grin

Hehehe, understood, take your time, I don't want to burn out my best testers too early...

however new testers are always welcome, guys. Wink

by the way:

v.0.4.720  -  24/5/15

-Added new quest in Jabal.
-Fixed quest Forgotten Lore, which could become bugged if you walked into certain dungeon too early. If you did it, the quest will be fixed when you load.
-Fixed stacking bug related to Take all button on full inventory.
-Fixed the collisions in Gorx Lair.
-Balance: monsters will be slightly stronger now in levels 5+.

Full changelog here

Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #45 - Posted 2015-05-25 13:15:46 »

Another issue that makes me play less is that I have actually no real clue what to do next. The lore seekers won't let me in and I have no idea how to improve my reputation among them. And the other open quests leave me clueless either...

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #46 - Posted 2015-05-25 17:39:11 »

Another issue that makes me play less is that I have actually no real clue what to do next. The lore seekers won't let me in and I have no idea how to improve my reputation among them. And the other open quests leave me clueless either...

Well, I will add a lot of content in the next "big" release, i.e., 0.5., where I'll add many new areas and quests. If you're already level 7 you may want to wait until there is more stuff to play "in a row". But Loreseekers quest is completable. The second one is (SPOILER) in Deadwood. there was a tavern rumor about that, but likely I forgot to add the reference to the journal when you listen to it...

Offline bornander
« Reply #47 - Posted 2015-05-29 07:42:20 »

Minor point; I think the game runs in locked landscape mode, can you get it to run in orientation-landscape?
I want to be able to turn my tablet 180 degrees if I am playing while charging, otherwise the cable get's in the way.

Try my Android games: Grapple | Hovercraft | Lala
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #48 - Posted 2015-05-29 08:54:24 »

Thanks, added to my to-do list. Makes a lot of sense to allow the user to rotate as they choose.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #49 - Posted 2015-05-30 21:08:47 »

I've been working hard in various code refactoring, and making some libraries work. Yeah, that kind of frustrating stuff that actually doesn't add anything visible to the game, but must be done nonetheless. Tongue

In particular, I've been fighting with the Android Extra Package library, to download some of the assets separately: sounds and music, for now.

As it deals with external storage and other stuff that is device-dependant, I would be able to sleep much better if some of you guys updated to 0.4.726 and told me if all seems to work ok, and in particular, if you can listen to the music and sounds. The update should be in google play in a few hours.

Thanks in advance Smiley

Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #50 - Posted 2015-06-02 15:28:19 »

Sound and music are fine. But there's this quest where I'm supposed to kill 10 coyotes...and so I did. And so says the journal but the quest giver seems to think otherwise, so I can't complete the quest.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #51 - Posted 2015-06-02 15:42:48 »

Thanks, I'll check. Once more, my quest scripts suck.

Regarding raising the Loreseeker faction, just finish the Forgotten Lore quest and you'll have enough faction to continue with the main quest. There's three you have to locate.

Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #52 - Posted 2015-06-02 16:01:25 »

The thing is: I've no idea who this Anton Gerdt guy is that is supposed to have more jobs for me nor do I know where to find him. It would help if the journal entries would offer some additional location information.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #53 - Posted 2015-06-02 17:50:42 »

Yikes, you are right. He's in the same spot where you gave him the first journal, in Kingsbridge(He is behind the Town Hall). I guess most testers talked to him right after giving him the first journal, or shortly after.

I tend to write that kind of things in journal entries, but obviously missed that one. Thanks for spotting it.

Both things will be fixed in .730.

Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #54 - Posted 2015-06-05 06:05:45 »

Yikes, you are right. He's in the same spot where you gave him the first journal, in Kingsbridge(He is behind the Town Hall).
OK, I found him...but I'm clueless again. I have to find some loreseeker. She's in Kingsbridge according to the journal. I guess that doesn't mean the town alone but the whole section of the map? Anyway...I searched in this Kingsbridge section for quite some time, but couldn't find a trace. All that I found was a skeleton in the dead trees in the south-west that had nothing...?

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #55 - Posted 2015-06-05 07:16:49 »

Go have some drinks anywhere, and the answer might come...

Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #56 - Posted 2015-06-05 07:47:35 »

I had multiple drinks but to no avail...

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #57 - Posted 2015-06-05 20:33:26 »

I had multiple drinks but to no avail...

Hmmm I'll check it then. Maybe something is wrong.

SPOILER: she's in Deadwood, but not very deep.

And I know it seems like the last updates are not adding much, but I'm working hard in a big update, which includes ranged attacks, random encounters, banking items, and half a dozen new areas. Until it's all ready I'm only releasing nightly bugfixes.

Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #58 - Posted 2015-06-10 04:48:03 »

It crashes for me in some dungeon near New Garand. I killed some cultists and when I'm trying to loot them, it tries to cast NPC into Loot and fails. You should have received an error log via the internal error reporting function.

Edit: I've found the second loreseeker, now I'm stuck on the third. "Tunnels near New Garand"...no idea where that's supposed to be. Obviously not in that tomb to the east but that's the only dungeon like thing that I could find near New Garand. Or my definition of "near" isn't compatible with the journal's one... Wink Drinking in the inn doesn't help either.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #59 - Posted 2015-06-10 06:47:51 »

Thanks, that tomb is actually the right place to find Riella... I am checking it as soon as I get home... In 12 hours  Tongue

I swear I am never going to design again three-staged quests that spans over a dozen conversations, a dozen scripts and six areas. Forgotten Lore is turning my hair white  Clueless

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  ignore  |  Print  

cybrmynd (138 views)
2017-08-02 12:28:51

cybrmynd (159 views)
2017-08-02 12:19:43

cybrmynd (153 views)
2017-08-02 12:18:09

Sralse (169 views)
2017-07-25 17:13:48

Archive (648 views)
2017-04-27 17:45:51

buddyBro (767 views)
2017-04-05 03:38:00

CopyableCougar4 (1301 views)
2017-03-24 15:39:42

theagentd (1265 views)
2017-03-24 15:32:08

Rule (1237 views)
2017-03-19 12:43:22

Rule (1312 views)
2017-03-19 12:42:17
List of Learning Resources
by elect
2017-03-13 14:05:44

List of Learning Resources
by elect
2017-03-13 14:04:45

SF/X Libraries
by philfrei
2017-03-02 08:45:19

SF/X Libraries
by philfrei
2017-03-02 08:44:05

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:38:56

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:38:32

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:38:05

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:37:51
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org