Games in Android Showcase (224)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (814)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  ignore  |  Print  
  Exiled Kingdoms -Classic RPG- Released on Play Store  (Read 149408 times)
Offline EgonOlsen
« Reply #210 - Posted 2015-11-16 21:58:54 »

If you stil keep the old phone, you can export backup, then send the file to the other phone and import backup!
I deleted the app from it to get some space back. I didn't think about the save games at that time. I guess deleting the app will delete the saves as well?

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #211 - Posted 2015-11-16 22:54:31 »

If you stil keep the old phone, you can export backup, then send the file to the other phone and import backup!
I deleted the app from it to get some space back. I didn't think about the save games at that time. I guess deleting the app will delete the saves as well?

I am afraid yes, unless you used the backup option, which creates a file called EK.bak on your external storage folder

Offline bornander
« Reply #212 - Posted 2015-11-17 07:52:28 »

Last updates:

v.0.5.828 - 15/11/15

-Save your game at will! You can save in any outdoor area.

Does this mean I can save just before entering a dungeon (for example) and if I get killed I can just reload the save and try again?

Try my Android games: Grapple | Hovercraft | Lala
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #213 - Posted 2015-11-17 09:39:45 »

Last updates:

v.0.5.828 - 15/11/15

Does this mean I can save just before entering a dungeon (for example) and if I get killed I can just reload the save and try again?

Yes. Still there are a few limitations:

-You don't choose slot, each game you play is always saved in the same slot, so you'l overwrite the previous save.
-There can't be enemies nearby.
-You can't be very low on hitpoints.

The first one is there because I want this to be a choices&consequences game, mainly in the dialogues. I want people to make meaningful choices in conversations.

The second and third are a consequence of that. If you save your game in a situation of unavoidable death, you'd effectively lose your game.

Offline bornander
« Reply #214 - Posted 2015-11-18 08:16:31 »

Last updates:

v.0.5.828 - 15/11/15

Yes. Still there are a few limitations:

-You don't choose slot, each game you play is always saved in the same slot, so you'l overwrite the previous save.
-There can't be enemies nearby.
-You can't be very low on hitpoints.

The first one is there because I want this to be a choices&consequences game, mainly in the dialogues. I want people to make meaningful choices in conversations.

The second and third are a consequence of that. If you save your game in a situation of unavoidable death, you'd effectively lose your game.

Good, I like that you're making sure actions have consequences. I think the game play would be ruined by a too forgiving save-load methodology.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #215 - Posted 2015-11-19 14:36:03 »

Good, I like that you're making sure actions have consequences. I think the game play would be ruined by a too forgiving save-load methodology.

Yeah, and not only because I want it to be "hard" (which I do), I want to make it replayable too.

Currently I am creating dialogues and quests related to the companions. Adaon sure can bring you a lot of trouble (or sometimes be really helpful) while Grissenda is a bit more neutral. I've expanded the dialogue system, it now allows conversations with more than one people, so your companions may have things to say in certain quests and scenes.

The only things still not done, that are not content-related:

-Faction system.
-difficulty level & Ironman mode
-A few UI improvements.

I expect to have all that finished in a week, and then dedicate a couple weeks exclusively to create new content before releasing a public Beta.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #216 - Posted 2015-11-28 17:02:23 »

Here we go. Game engine is 99% on Beta now, so for the next weeks, focusing on content. Finally!

v.0.5.830 - 28/11/15

-Difficulty Levels added: Normal, Hard, and "Ironman". Ironman games don't allow save, and death is permanent. There's now a separate Ironman Leaderboard to list the XP records from each player.
-New Faction system. Your actions can cause you to become an enemy of a certain town or kingdom, be wary.
-Character creation now makes you choose your trait and skill increases before game starts.
-Balance changes: trait points at level 1 increased from 2 to 4, but only 1 Skill Point granted at level 1.
-Expanded conversations with companions. Still in progress.
-Bugfixes UI adjustments.

Full changelog here

Offline bornander
« Reply #217 - Posted 2015-12-06 08:28:13 »

Spotted a typo, when you assign the initial points for a new character (yes, I am starting over again on this game now that there are so many updates) it says ¿Why does everyone hate you?, and it comes with weird upside down Spanish question marks Smiley

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #218 - Posted 2015-12-06 23:21:59 »

Fixed, thanks.

I would advise you to wait for a few days. I am rewriting a lot of the initial quests and replacing items, etc. By tuesday I'll release 0.5.836, which should be a good one to start from the beginning.

EDIT

actually, decided to upload it as it is...

v.0.5.836 - 6/12/15

-2 New item slots: belt, and a second ring.
-New quests and conversations in Sydarun Oasis.
-Added items that increase traits.
-Added poisons (usable by rogue only)
-Changed several quests and dialogues in Northern bluemist River

Offline JaredBGreat
« Reply #219 - Posted 2015-12-10 03:54:29 »

Something strange has happened.  In general the loading screens for new map areas are longer.  But more than that: a couple times I've had the game suddenly close out during one, no crash report pop-up or anything.  This only involved crossing the border, nothing else (nothing shooting or chasing).

Like having the vault, btw, and the new secret areas.

It seems there was more, but I forget.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #220 - Posted 2015-12-10 20:47:30 »

Something strange has happened.  In general the loading screens for new map areas are longer.  But more than that: a couple times I've had the game suddenly close out during one, no crash report pop-up or anything.  This only involved crossing the border, nothing else (nothing shooting or chasing).

Like having the vault, btw, and the new secret areas.

It seems there was more, but I forget.

Longer loading times - it is true. Working on it.

Game closing: This worries me. You have a sero 8 I think, so specs are reasonable. I tried to reproduce it with dual core devices, and it didn't happen Sad. Did it happen in a particular area? Would you mind to start a new game and checking if it still happens?

There was a bug which I think you reported and others did too, when using poison on eggs. Will be fixed on next update. You can still break them with your weapon, but it is a much harder way to solve it.

As always, thank you very much for the report.

Offline JaredBGreat
« Reply #221 - Posted 2015-12-10 22:17:23 »

Longer loading times - it is true. Working on it.

Game closing: This worries me. You have a sero 8 I think, so specs are reasonable. I tried to reproduce it with dual core devices, and it didn't happen Sad. Did it happen in a particular area? Would you mind to start a new game and checking if it still happens?

There was a bug which I think you reported and others did too, when using poison on eggs. Will be fixed on next update. You can still break them with your weapon, but it is a much harder way to solve it.

As always, thank you very much for the report.

The game closing was a rare event, probably twice in several hours.  One time was moving from desert into into the Kingsbridge map.  I could start a new game I guess for the new content -- I was waiting for the signal that all was ready, I wasn't sure before.

Now I remember the other thing -- I bumped into and area in the snowy part of the Norteast Sagar map (between the cave and the bandits) where I can move into the mountains of the Northern Sagar map, and around under the mountains, but not out of them except (fortunately) to go back.
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #222 - Posted 2015-12-12 23:07:51 »

I'll check for that collision error, thanks.

Last version introduces store&registration, but all the people here that has tested extensively an helped so much, just email me asking for a code and you'll get one.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #223 - Posted 2015-12-18 23:34:32 »

Updated first post with the new open Beta link, new trailer, and other information.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #224 - Posted 2015-12-21 06:43:35 »

Game published:

Exiled Kingdoms for Android is currently in public Beta. Play it now!

Now working hard on completing content, iOS version, and later, PC port.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #225 - Posted 2015-12-24 10:08:41 »

Can a moderator please move to Showcase?

thanks Smiley  Smiley

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #226 - Posted 2015-12-29 20:25:54 »

Hello, as per the "featured board" rules, I dare to request this thread to be moved to Featured by one of the mods.

The main requisite seems to be that it is polished and has a playerbase; time to brag a little.  Grin

In the first week Exiled Kingdoms...

-Has over a thousand downloads.
-Has 62 reviews averaging a rating of 4.5 / 5
-Is rising quickly in the Play Store rankings. In the Roleplaying category, is listed as #393 in Top Games, and  #29 in Top New Games.
-IS AWESOME!

Thanks for considering it, whatever is the decision. Smiley

Offline Riven
Administrator

« JGO Overlord »

Medals: 1310
Projects: 4
Exp: 16 years

Hand over your head.

« Reply #227 - Posted 2015-12-29 22:30:56 »

Moved Pointing

Hi, appreciate more people! Σ ♥ = ¾
Learn how to award medals... and work your way up the social rankings!
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #228 - Posted 2015-12-30 09:22:15 »

Thank you very much!

Offline bmanmcfly
« Reply #229 - Posted 2015-12-31 05:43:46 »

Just played the game, plays well, had no crashes or bugs that I noticed.

The game itself is quite difficult, but has a feel of something between Diablo and baldurs gate.

Was not so much a fan of the fonts, or the font size, not sure... but that's just aesthetic, and opinion.

I like how you made it a demo like that with the option to buy, something lacking in many games for mobile.

Did you do the art / music yourself?

Was this a solo project?

The only real criticism I would offer is that, on my galaxy s4 at least, the game seems to speed up / slow down while walking around, also, the controls for movement feel clunky, had you considered making it a tap to location?  Just that there's times where I would want to tap to pick up items...

Very well done regardless, better than any project I've done as of yet, so don't take the criticisms harshly.  The bar of equivalent games is quite high, particularly when you consider pc games.
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #230 - Posted 2015-12-31 12:29:07 »

Thanks! I'm glad you're liking it Smiley

Diablo and Baldur's Gate... yeah those are definite inspirations, but also Fallout, Morrowind, Pool of Radiance.

As a developer, there's many things I'm not satisfied with yet, and you mentioned some of them. Fonts, I will definitely need to have several of them at different sizes depending on resolution, to avoid rescaling. And tap to move, I'll eventually have to implement, when I port to PC. It's mostly a matter of priorities, but yeah, I kind of agree with you. The speedups/slowdowns, first time I hear, sounds like Garbage Collection...

Yeah, it's a solo project, although I used a lot of open assets, there's a link in the first post. I also purchased some assets, and even did some myself. The music is mostly open assets except one track composed by my kids Cheesy

Offline bmanmcfly
« Reply #231 - Posted 2015-12-31 22:38:53 »

Oh ya, I almost forgot, the art in the intro scene fit the story you were telling.

Also, spoiler? I tried about 5 different ways to avoid getting robbed at the start, frustrating but clever way to start out from scratch.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #232 - Posted 2016-01-01 20:06:13 »

Well, the initial scene is kind of a tutorial and introduction... yeah, your character is a naive young adventurer, no way he'll see it coming, even if you do.

After that, the game is veeeery open ended. You might just forget about the main quest and go wherever you want.

Offline JaredBGreat
« Reply #233 - Posted 2016-01-24 02:12:35 »

I've noticed something with the newest version -- the transparency seems to have been left out of the icon, it just has a plain background.
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #234 - Posted 2016-02-10 18:08:42 »

Sorry, I've been terribly busy, not very active in forums other than mine.

I think I fixed the transparency several builds ago.

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #235 - Posted 2016-03-24 19:24:20 »

Exiled Kingdoms has reached 50K downloads and is now ranked top 50 in the United States (RPG category), and top 100 in over 20 countries. I myself can hardly believe this, after just 3 months released.

Thanks everyone here that contributed to the testing!!!! I am indebted to you all.

Offline ags1

JGO Kernel

Medals: 356
Projects: 7

Make code not war!

« Reply #236 - Posted 2016-03-24 21:10:50 »

Very well done! Sometimes hard work pays off  Wink

Offline TGStudiosDE

JGO Coder

Medals: 14
Projects: 3
Exp: 3 years

17 Years Old Developer from Germany :)

« Reply #237 - Posted 2016-03-24 21:31:15 »

The Game looks Nice, I will try it tomorrow!

Contact me about Bugs: TGStudiosDE@gmail.com
Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #238 - Posted 2016-09-12 20:04:40 »

I am currently looking for iOS testers (ios 8.1+, 64 bit devices).

If anyone is interested, please email me to support@exiledkingdoms.com

Offline DavidBVal
« Reply #239 - Posted 2016-10-05 11:20:41 »

Finally! Exiled Kingdoms is available for iOS. Get it on the  App Store!

Unfortunately Apple doesn't allow me to generate activation codes for in-app purchases, or I'd hand out a few. But the free portion is much larger than it used to be, at least 12 hours of gameplay.

Thanks everyone once more, without JGO this game wouldn't have been possible.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  ignore  |  Print  

cybrmynd (138 views)
2017-08-02 12:28:51

cybrmynd (159 views)
2017-08-02 12:19:43

cybrmynd (153 views)
2017-08-02 12:18:09

Sralse (169 views)
2017-07-25 17:13:48

Archive (648 views)
2017-04-27 17:45:51

buddyBro (767 views)
2017-04-05 03:38:00

CopyableCougar4 (1301 views)
2017-03-24 15:39:42

theagentd (1265 views)
2017-03-24 15:32:08

Rule (1237 views)
2017-03-19 12:43:22

Rule (1312 views)
2017-03-19 12:42:17
List of Learning Resources
by elect
2017-03-13 14:05:44

List of Learning Resources
by elect
2017-03-13 14:04:45

SF/X Libraries
by philfrei
2017-03-02 08:45:19

SF/X Libraries
by philfrei
2017-03-02 08:44:05

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:38:56

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:38:32

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:38:05

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:37:51
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org