I just would like to show my small voxel terrain engine. In my opinion it is 'cube world' because this engine is based on voxels.
At this moment I have implemented following features:
- JOGL render + basic GLSL shaders
- smooth voxel terrain (marching cubes)
- client/server network architecture
- chunk management
- wavefront obj model renderinghttp://www.youtube.com/v/WVlOlv3WPDI?version=3&hl=en_US&start=
also I have lot of bugs and unfinished features
- not optimized mesh and as a result low performance
- problems with calculating normals in marching cubes
- physics is not finished
- no sound
- no lighting
- no day/night
- no weather
- craft system is not finished
But my biggest problem is textures, sounds and 3d models.
Unfortunately I have zero gamedev expirience (I am java/ERP/web/jboss developer) and I use the free texture/models which downloaded from internet.
I hope I can solve this problem in a future. May be I can find 3d modeller or something else.