Games in Android Showcase (223)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (813)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1] 2 3
  ignore  |  Print  
  Bit Siege - 2D Competitive Multiplayer PvP Game. (Patch v2.1 out now!)  (Read 54799 times)
Offline Soulfoam
« Posted 2014-12-30 09:28:19 »

Alpha v2.1 out now!

Download here:

http://www.bitsiege.com/download.php

Alpha Trailer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rh9tfoPhSN0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rh9tfoPhSN0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=</a>

Bit Siege is a retro styled 2D MOBA focused on fun packed fast paced action that is simple enough to play casually, but complex enough to play competitively. Play unique classes each with their own abilities and play styles that will aid you in battle. Slay monsters, capture crystals, and annihilate your opponents to claim victory.

Visit

http://www.bitsiege.com

for all the latest updates,
sneak peaks, dev log videos, GIFS,
and community discussion.

All game updates will be posted at

http://www.bitsiege.com

But I will try to keep my thread updated,
but my site will always have the latest updates.

Please do register on the site
if you are even some what interested,
as it motivates me to keep working on the project,
it really only takes a couple of seconds...

Thank you!

Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #1 - Posted 2014-12-31 09:12:02 »

I just put up the forums!

The forums are pretty basic for now, but they will work!

All you have to do is register one account, and that account will be your site account, in game account, and forum account!
Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #2 - Posted 2015-01-06 09:32:06 »

The Alpha is finally ready, after hours and hours and hours of play testing and bug fixing, on top of the hours of feature adding, it is finally ready.

I will be posting Dev Log #4 Wednesday (1-7-2015) at 3PM EST, following that will be an informational video about the Alpha...

AS WELL AS THE ALPHA RELEASE!

I have finally gotten the game to a point where it is definitley fun, and I can't wait to keep expanding on it, and thanks to everyone who has checked out the project and such so far and hasn't been able to play test, I hope you download the Alpha and have a great time playing it when it releases!
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Seiya02

JGO Coder

Medals: 7
Projects: 4
Exp: 5 years

No Text Here :x

« Reply #3 - Posted 2015-01-06 19:23:23 »

Looks very good in my Opinion!

I like the graphics, but maybe make some smooth borders between the water and the gras?

other than that well done, I allways try to do something like this in 3D (not much difference cause I'd just use x and z axis but the multiplayer stuff destroys it every time, kryonet and concurrentmodification exceptions all the way) I would deffinitly give it a try Cheesy

Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #4 - Posted 2015-01-08 00:59:21 »

Alpha v1 is out now!

Visit the download page to download the game!

Hope to hear feedback from everyone!
Offline Opiop
« Reply #5 - Posted 2015-01-08 02:19:55 »

Couple of issues:
- You should allow the window to be re-sizable. On my laptop, the bottom of the window is cut off.
- I spawned in a room with no doors...

Besides that, nice job. Needs a lot of polish, and obviously needs more features, but nice job for the first version!
Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #6 - Posted 2015-01-08 02:34:27 »

Couple of issues:
- You should allow the window to be re-sizable. On my laptop, the bottom of the window is cut off.
- I spawned in a room with no doors...

Besides that, nice job. Needs a lot of polish, and obviously needs more features, but nice job for the first version!

Resizeable thing is the only issue.

You spawned in a room with no doors because you were the only one in the game, there needs to be people in the game for it to start.

I am hosting a 1v1 right now if you wish to play.

I recommend watching the Dev Logs so you kind of know whats going on and how to play Tongue
Offline Opiop
« Reply #7 - Posted 2015-01-08 02:54:55 »

I understand why re-sizing is an issue, but you definitely need to allow it. Not everyone has a resolution that will allow them to run this game!

And you should also change the place where the person is spawned if there is only one person playing, I don't know how I'm supposed to have fun if I can't even play the game!
Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #8 - Posted 2015-01-08 03:51:32 »

I understand why re-sizing is an issue, but you definitely need to allow it. Not everyone has a resolution that will allow them to run this game!

And you should also change the place where the person is spawned if there is only one person playing, I don't know how I'm supposed to have fun if I can't even play the game!

For the current moment there are no bots, but there will be soon.

Right now you currently need a friend to play with if you wish to play.
Offline Opiop
« Reply #9 - Posted 2015-01-08 03:55:02 »

Honestly, I don't understand why you would release this (even as an "alpha") before you had some sort of singleplayer mode. Not everyone has a friend that will be willing to test a not-well known game.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline KudoDEV

JGO Ninja

Medals: 79
Exp: 6 years

Game Dev Hobbyist

« Reply #10 - Posted 2015-01-08 04:35:27 »

@opiop65 its a WIP... and I for one am happy to see a refreshing new game!

Great stuff Soul Foam

Offline Opiop
« Reply #11 - Posted 2015-01-08 04:41:36 »

Great stuff Soul Foam
I understand it's a WIP. But if you are going to put out a version of your game, then at least wait until it is playable for everyone. I would have liked to test out his game, but I don't want to have to convince someone to play with me. I don't think it would be very hard to change where the player is started at...
Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #12 - Posted 2015-01-08 05:10:34 »

Great stuff Soul Foam
I understand it's a WIP. But if you are going to put out a version of your game, then at least wait until it is playable for everyone. I would have liked to test out his game, but I don't want to have to convince someone to play with me. I don't think it would be very hard to change where the player is started at...

The player starting position has nothing to do with anything. This is a multiplayer PvP game. The nature of the game is Player VERSUS Player, not Player vs Enviroment.

If you don't have a friend to play with, then as of right now sadly you won't be able to play until I make bots.

I have had tons of play testers and am getting some amazing feedback, I am genuinely confused that you have not a SINGLE friend to play the game with. Even though that is the case for you, I hope you understand there are people who DO HOST GAMES, and if you post on the forum wanting to play, people WILL answer you and play with you, so it's not like the game is unplayable by any means.
Offline Opiop
« Reply #13 - Posted 2015-01-08 05:21:23 »

I'm not trying to criticize you, so please don't take this as I am saying your game is bad or anything!

First off, no I have no other friend to test this with. Why? Well no offense but this obviously isn't a very well known game. If I want to play games with my friends, I'll just play something that we already play. Why would I want to play a very early version of a game they have never heard about?

I understand you have servers up and people to play with. I was just saying that I wanted to play, and I can't because I was spawned in a room with no doors simply because no one else was playing. I don't understand your reasoning here; I can't test your game unless I find other people to test it with me? I was just trying to test your game for a few minutes, and I didn't want to have to ask other people to play with me.

The fact that it is a PvP online game has nothing to do with what I am saying and is completely irrelevant. I am saying I cannot test your game because I do not want to find someone else to play with right now. If you had allowed me to spawn in a room without doors so I could explore the world and test it out, then I would be giving you feedback on my experience with your game. Instead, I am here telling you about how I couldn't play.

I simply don't understand your logic here, I'm sorry. Your end user shouldn't have to go through the hassle of setting up a server simply to try out the basics of your game. If I was allowed to mess around in the world without another person playing with me then I would be able to give you some feedback. But, as it currently stands, I cannot.
Offline gzuzboey
« Reply #14 - Posted 2015-01-08 05:28:45 »

Incase someone doesn't want to host a server just to play with another person, you should add matchmaking that will look for other people that want to play the same type of match you trying to play.

Besides that, I really like the game, especially the graphics. Keep up the good work!

YA BOI
Offline KudoDEV

JGO Ninja

Medals: 79
Exp: 6 years

Game Dev Hobbyist

« Reply #15 - Posted 2015-01-08 15:56:22 »

@opiop65 You make it seem like his progress is not worth sharing. It's one of the best games on JGO at the moment.

Offline Elsealabs
« Reply #16 - Posted 2015-01-08 16:04:26 »

Maybe make a list of people currently hosting games? Upon game creation, the player could mark it as private or public. Public games would go to the list, and private games would only be playable when referenced by name or something like that?

Offline Opiop
« Reply #17 - Posted 2015-01-08 16:47:15 »

@opiop65 You make it seem like his progress is not worth sharing. It's one of the best games on JGO at the moment.
I... I never said that. If you would stop fanboying over Soul Foam's game then you would realize I am simply saying I cannot test it. Literally no where did I say that he should not share his progress, just simply that he should allow a person who does not want to play with other people to spawn somewhere else so they can explore the world.

Your strange defensiveness over this project is starting to get weird, I don't know why you needed to include the fact that it is "on of the best games on JGO at the moment." Are you trying to shame me into finding someone else to play it so I can give him good feedback? If you're so invested in this project, wouldn't you want me to give OP some honest feedback? That's what I'm doing here, but you seem to try to shoot my valid opinions down every second of the way and try to start fights. I am not trying to fight here, I am simply trying to play OP's game because I am interested. It's very immature of you to try to come in and try to make me feel bad for wanting to play his game.

Again, Soul Foam, I am not trying to insult you or your project. I want to play your game, but as it currently stands I cannot because I do not wish to find someone else to play with me. I just don't understand why I have to find someone just to walk around in your game and give you some feedback. No where did I say your game is bad. In fact, I said you were making good progress. Please don't take my posts as me insulting you or your game.
Offline matheus23

JGO Kernel

Medals: 138
Projects: 3

You think about my Avatar right now!

« Reply #18 - Posted 2015-01-08 16:57:16 »

I... I never said that.
Honestly, I don't understand why you would release this (even as an "alpha") before you had some sort of singleplayer mode.

See my:
    My development Blog:     | Or look at my RPG | Or simply my coding
http://matheusdev.tumblr.comRuins of Revenge  |      On Github
Offline Opiop
« Reply #19 - Posted 2015-01-08 16:59:56 »

I... I never said that.
Honestly, I don't understand why you would release this (even as an "alpha") before you had some sort of singleplayer mode.

Ok, I apologize for my hypocrisy. However, my intention was never to suggest you not release your game, but simply to change the place where a person in "singleplayer mode" spawned so I could play your game without finding anyone else. And I don't think changing the spawn area would be a very difficult task, so I was more implying you should change that one small thing, and then release your game.
Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #20 - Posted 2015-01-08 17:06:30 »

Great stuff Soul Foam

Thank you For the kind words KudoDEV, I really appreciate it Smiley.

Incase someone doesn't want to host a server just to play with another person, you should add matchmaking that will look for other people that want to play the same type of match you trying to play.

Besides that, I really like the game, especially the graphics. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! That is currently what match making does, but there are no dedicated servers at the moment, so unfortunately until I put some up, players must host their own games.

Maybe make a list of people currently hosting games? Upon game creation, the player could mark it as private or public. Public games would go to the list, and private games would only be playable when referenced by name or something like that?

I had that idea before, and your suggestion just re-inforced my thoughts about it, it will come in the next update:).

I... I never said that. If you would stop fanboying over Soul Foam's game then you would realize I am simply saying I cannot test it. Literally no where did I say that he should not share his progress, just simply that he should allow a person who does not want to play with other people to spawn somewhere else so they can explore the world.

Your strange defensiveness over this project is starting to get weird, I don't know why you needed to include the fact that it is "on of the best games on JGO at the moment." Are you trying to shame me into finding someone else to play it so I can give him good feedback? If you're so invested in this project, wouldn't you want me to give OP some honest feedback? That's what I'm doing here, but you seem to try to shoot my valid opinions down every second of the way and try to start fights. I am not trying to fight here, I am simply trying to play OP's game because I am interested. It's very immature of you to try to come in and try to make me feel bad for wanting to play his game.

Again, Soul Foam, I am not trying to insult you or your project. I want to play your game, but as it currently stands I cannot because I do not wish to find someone else to play with me. I just don't understand why I have to find someone just to walk around in your game and give you some feedback. No where did I say your game is bad. In fact, I said you were making good progress. Please don't take my posts as me insulting you or your game.

I understand you want to walk around the world and "test" the game, the thing is, the game is centered around PvP, and 99% of the game is focused around having other player(s) in the game. The only thing that could come from you you walking around and exploring the world is feedback on what exactly? How the current map looks? Not that I don't appreciate all feedback, but as of now feedback on those things aren't so important to me. I understand you want to play alone, but this game is literally the complete opposite of what you're looking for if you wish to play a game alone.

The reason why you spawn in a locked room is so you can't get a head start capturing things before enough people even join. In the next version there will be a warmup mode, where you can run around as normal and fight but the game won't technically start until there are enough players. Once theres enough players, everyone will be taken back to their spawns and the game will start as it does now.

So if you wish to merely just walk around for your own satisfaction, you will be able to in the next version.

For the record, if you want to know, I've also never spoken to Kudo one time, actually I didn't even know he existed until he posted on my thread.

Also KudoDEV, thank you for that compliment as well as the last one, best game on JGO, I'll just take that as is Tongue.

I will more than likely release the next version really soon, tomorrow or the next day.

I improved the overall networking by an extreme amount, I cut the amount of data being sent IN HALF. I also have fixed other glitches and made other improvements, which will be posted in the patch notes when the new version goes up.

Offline Opiop
« Reply #21 - Posted 2015-01-08 17:12:01 »

Thank you for actually considering my feedback! I can't say I agree with your reasons for not letting me walk around the world, but it is your game and I respect that. Honestly because you were nice in your reply I will keep an eye on your game, and I may play it someday. I was becoming frustrated mostly because I did not understand your reasons, and because KudoDEV seemed to try to fight me after every single post I made.

I am sorry for all these posts, but I am happy that you actually read my feedback. Good luck with the game!
Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #22 - Posted 2015-01-09 04:48:35 »

Just posted a patch, check out the download page to view the patch notes!

Thanks to everyone who has been playing and giving feedback Smiley.

Picture of the Map Update in v1.1

Offline Elsealabs
« Reply #23 - Posted 2015-01-09 19:08:23 »

Can you also offer it in zip? My school's computer do not allow users to install programs, so I could not install WinRAR to extract the files.

Offline BurntPizza

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

Medals: 485
Exp: 7 years

« Reply #24 - Posted 2015-01-09 19:12:06 »

Can you also offer it in zip? My school's computer do not allow users to install programs, so I could not install WinRAR to extract the files.

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/7-zip_portable
Offline Opiop
« Reply #25 - Posted 2015-01-09 21:30:36 »

There are lots of online extractors, this is the first result on Google: http://online.b1.org/online
Offline Elsealabs
« Reply #26 - Posted 2015-01-09 21:39:50 »

BurntPizza and opiop65:

I did not think of this. Thanks.

Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #27 - Posted 2015-01-11 02:57:58 »

Patch v1.2 is out now!

Patch v1.2 Overview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TklY6VA8KA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------   

v1.2 Patch Notes

- Added new class:

===================================================

Illusionist

Spawn Clone:

Spawns a clone on your current position that lasts for 30 seconds.

Cooldown: 4 seconds.

Clone Attack:

Sends all clones dashing out in their current facing direction dealing 40 damage
and stunning the target for 1.5 seconds.

Clones disappear after they hit a target.

Cooldown: 4 seconds.

Swap Clone:

Swaps your position with last placed clone.
Swapped clone inherits your facing direction.

Cooldown: 9 seconds.

For my next trick...:

Spawns 4 clones around you that follow you for 20 seconds.
They deal 20 damage each and stun for 2.5 seconds each.

Cooldown: 40 seconds.

===================================================

- No longer have to restart the game and login again whenever a game ends.

- More network optimization.

- Fixed a bug in which if you joined a game already started,
abilities that were casted BEFORE you joined were not appearing.

- Spell cooldowns now displayed at the top right of the spell tool tip.

- Scoreboard now shows how many crystals a player has captured.

- Clerics True Sight is now toggleable and no longer goes away after 12 seconds.
Cast it again to turn it off.
Offline Soulfoam
« Reply #28 - Posted 2015-01-13 07:41:06 »

Patch v1.3 is out now!

Patch v1.3 Overview video:
Coming soon.

v1.3 Patch Notes

- New bases! Each base now has sub crystal rooms, the last map was to hard for the defending team to stop someone from destroying their sub crystal.

- Each teams "main crystal" has been removed. Instead, a progress bar for each team is now at the bottom of the screen. Team 0's bar is always on the left, and Team 1's bar is always on the right.

- Warmup mode has been added. You're no longer just trapped in your base waiting for enough players. Once there are enough players, everyones kills and deaths will reset, and all players will be taken back to their spawn point and the game will start.

- Camera now stays where you died until you respawn.

- Fixed a game breaking bug where sometimes when an ability was removed, it would crash the game.

- Fixed the spacebar locking issue once and for all, it no longer happens in any situation at all.

- Made the X marking the crystal on the map disappear if someone captures the crystal and there is no crystal currently spawned.

Offline matanui159

JGO Coder

Medals: 11
Projects: 1
Exp: 10-12 months

Aww... So cute...

« Reply #29 - Posted 2015-01-13 12:33:01 »

I downloaded the game but haven't played it with another person yet but I have a few notes:
- I had the same problem with @opiop65 as the window is cut off at the bottom of the screen
- Maybe remove the Continue button in the update checker and just make it automatic
- Maybe, instead of having single-player, have a training mode like Team Fortress 2 does (but they are pretty much the same thing)

But other than that, looks like an amazing game and I will give it a try with my brother tomorrow...
I especially like the multiplayer help as many games I know of don't really include that...

Is it sad that I still get a fright when the computer beeps at me...
Pages: [1] 2 3
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

cybrmynd (117 views)
2017-08-02 12:28:51

cybrmynd (139 views)
2017-08-02 12:19:43

cybrmynd (136 views)
2017-08-02 12:18:09

Sralse (152 views)
2017-07-25 17:13:48

Archive (619 views)
2017-04-27 17:45:51

buddyBro (730 views)
2017-04-05 03:38:00

CopyableCougar4 (1255 views)
2017-03-24 15:39:42

theagentd (1235 views)
2017-03-24 15:32:08

Rule (1213 views)
2017-03-19 12:43:22

Rule (1264 views)
2017-03-19 12:42:17
List of Learning Resources
by elect
2017-03-13 14:05:44

List of Learning Resources
by elect
2017-03-13 14:04:45

SF/X Libraries
by philfrei
2017-03-02 08:45:19

SF/X Libraries
by philfrei
2017-03-02 08:44:05

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:38:56

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:38:32

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:38:05

SF/X Libraries
by SkyAphid
2017-03-02 06:37:51
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org