Games in Android Showcase (230)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (856)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Rainbow Cat!!(Plz check it out) :D  (Read 5803 times)
Offline gzuzboey
« Posted 2014-11-04 01:32:44 »

Hello once again java-gaming community! I would to introduce to you Rainbow Cat!!! I got the whole idea of making this game from watching nyan cat. So yea, play this game!!!

Any feedback or crititcism is appreciated

DOWNLOAD NOW!!!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ja0xn4ubqkm6r7/Rainbow+Cat.jar

Screenshot:

YA BOI
Offline wessles
« Reply #1 - Posted 2014-11-04 02:17:17 »

Good effort (especially on the menus), but there is a serious design flaw with the game itself.

This game is completely impossible to win.

This same problem appears in lots of games posted here.

There is a fine difference between impossibility and challenge. One of the most important rules for endless games such as this is too keep it fair no matter what. If there is possible that a situation could arise in which I cannot win no matter what I do, then your game has failed.

There are times in this game where asteroids spawn in a clogged wall that completely blocks my way, which makes the game impossible. You can't just plug in a random function of y where actual game design belongs. You have to think harder about making sure that there is always a chance to win. Always.

Maybe make sure the spawns are farther away from the last spawn, or time them better, or something else. Just make it fair to play and avoid those walls of asteroids.

-wes
Offline Jacob Pickens
« Reply #2 - Posted 2014-11-05 02:00:14 »

Very fun to play for a few minutes.

I feel though that the asteroids should move a bit faster and slowly increase the speed and spawn frequency, because gameplay gets a bit dull. This would also make the gameplay faster pace and add for a bit more of an experience IMO.

Also adding in stars that you can grab and get points from would be a nice touch so that you can have more of a goal than just dying. And from there you can add in currency and soon have power-ups and a shop where you can buy new cats and bam! You have one hell of a mobile game!

I really liked the music to be honest! Very fun to listen to!

EDIT:

Highscore: 1420!

Suggestion: Make it so that if a player sits in one place for too long a asteroid is spawned on its Y axis so I don't have to sit on the bottom of the screen to get a good score. Thats how I got that highscore, just chilling on the bottom of the screen. Tongue

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline gzuzboey
« Reply #3 - Posted 2014-11-05 03:17:02 »

Lol, thx for the feedback.

EDIT:

Also, how is zombie nauts going? Can't wait to play. I'll play tommorow after school Grin

YA BOI
Offline Java_Games
« Reply #4 - Posted 2014-12-03 01:39:28 »

Your collision mask is to small for the rainbow character half of its body goes out of the screen if i'ts at a border
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print