Games in Android Showcase (106)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (530)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Minecraft: overwriting login database?  (Read 679 times)
Offline GNecro1
« Posted 2014-07-09 18:06:58 »

I was wondering, can i overwrite minecraft's login system to my own mysql database and have there my username, password and skin? I saw this on the old minecraft like alpha 1.something. Can i do it now and how can i do it if i can?

JAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Freak Cheesy!
Offline Drenius
« Reply #1 - Posted 2014-07-09 18:08:39 »

You can get any skin by username, but anything further than that would probably be illegal.

EDIT: Oh, you mean use yours instead. Possible with a modified launcher and maybe game.
Offline Longor1996
« Reply #2 - Posted 2014-07-09 19:49:06 »

You can do that by replacing the URL's in the Launcher/Client/Server that point to the Minecraft-WebAPI, which is 'api.minecraft.net' (Or is it? IDK) with URL's that point to your own service.

The problem lies in the fact that you have to replace the API-URL in all of the Launcher/Client/Server-code, which also requires that all users that want to play on your Server then have to have that mod (or rather: patch) installed in both Client and Launcher.

Have an nice day.

- Longor1996

Sorry for my bad English! That's because i am from Germany.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline GNecro1
« Reply #3 - Posted 2014-07-11 15:43:40 »

Can it be done to overwrite login system? I mean that form this i can set my skin without buying the game?

JAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Freak Cheesy!
Offline Drenius
« Reply #4 - Posted 2014-07-11 15:55:22 »

What he says is that you have to modify so "mod" your game.
You can of course always make the game display anything if you modify it for it.
Offline opiop65

JGO Kernel

Medals: 153
Projects: 7
Exp: 3 years

JumpButton Studios

« Reply #5 - Posted 2014-07-11 17:27:47 »

No you can't overwrite the login system. If you could, plenty of people would have already done it. No way you're the first to think of that.

Just buy the game.

Offline Spacebeans

JGO Knight

Medals: 18
Projects: 2
Exp: 4 years

Bye everyone!

« Reply #6 - Posted 2014-07-11 18:29:16 »

Just buy the game.

I think he's already got an account, this may be useful for a school or something. Setting up 100+ mc accounts are hard, but making a login server for the Windows Login and Minecraft Login could be interesting. (Yes, I know Minecraft in school is kinda a cheesy concept, but don't act like you didn't think about its educational value Smiley )

Personally, I think it'd be cool. Figure it out, Longor!

This is a dead account. Goodbye everyone!
Offline Longarmx
« Reply #7 - Posted 2014-07-11 18:31:44 »

I think he's already got an account

I mean that form this i can set my skin without buying the game?

Minecraft does not have much educational value in my opinion. There are better programs for anything that Minecraft has to offer educationally.

Offline opiop65

JGO Kernel

JumpButton Studios

« Reply #8 - Posted 2014-07-11 18:35:28 »

Um... How can you just assume that? We have no idea what he's trying to do. I said to buy the game because even if you manage to "overwrite" the login system, you won't be able to play with other people. There's just no way to trick the login server to think you have an account and play with premium features, such as skins. If there was a way, someone would have done it by now. Minecraft is an extremely popular game, with many kids playing it. Kids that don't have the money or parents credit cards to buy the game. They would absolutely love a way to play Minecraft for free, but its not gonna happen.

Offline Spacebeans

JGO Knight

Bye everyone!

« Reply #9 - Posted 2014-07-11 18:46:49 »

Minecraft does not have much educational value in my opinion. There are better programs for anything that Minecraft has to offer educationally.

Well, as an interactive classroom, kinda. If the teacher is tech-savvy, maybe some kind of machine-simulation mods could be implemented. Even electrical engineering with redstone (Maybe, I'm not really sure on how electricity works, I'm still a newb here. Smiley )

There's just no way to trick the login server to think you have an account and play with premium features, such as skins. If there was a way, someone would have done it by now. Minecraft is an extremely popular game, with many kids playing it.

Nothings impossible, the game is easily modable. (Minecraft Coder Pack has a specially made decompiler Smiley )

Kids that don't have the money or parents credit cards to buy the game. They would absolutely love a way to play Minecraft for free, but its not gonna happen.

There is allot of ways to get around it, even offline mode can still connect to LAN (With some modification, I think, I haven't researched that yet). I think Longor means check a different URL for password/username verification. Which is very much possible, with some really good PHP/Java-EE (I think java EE, I seen minecraft's login page using something like that, maybe)

Also, I think this is relevant (https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula)

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Longarmx
« Reply #10 - Posted 2014-07-11 18:52:51 »

Even electrical engineering with redstone (Maybe, I'm not really sure on how electricity works, I'm still a newb here. Smiley )

The only problem with teaching electrical engineering with redstone, is that it follows special rules. It does not behave like it does in the real world. The only value it would have would be mid-level, where you are building gates and latches as a whole, but even then, it is really slow and there are much better programs for that kind of stuff.

Offline opiop65

JGO Kernel

JumpButton Studios

« Reply #11 - Posted 2014-07-11 18:55:03 »

Um yes... Its easily modable. I've made mods for it. But again, it is simply not possible to login to the official mojang servers by simply modifying a few lines of code in the launcher. Like I said, if it was possible it would have already happened. Longor meant that you can connect to unnoficial servers. As in you would have to build your own login and skin system.

And yes you can play offline without an account on LAN. Its completely 100% possible, no modifications needed.

Offline matheus23

JGO Kernel

Medals: 106
Projects: 3

You think about my Avatar right now!

« Reply #12 - Posted 2014-07-11 19:08:30 »

it is simply not possible to login to the official mojang servers by simply modifying a few lines of code in the launcher.

It already happened. There are modified clients that make it possible to play in 'offline mode' with a choosable username. The dissappear from the internet often though, it might be because mojang tries to do a thing against them. :9

See my:
    My development Blog:     | Or look at my RPG | Or simply my coding
http://matheusdev.tumblr.comRuins of Revenge  |      On Github
Offline Spacebeans

JGO Knight

Bye everyone!

« Reply #13 - Posted 2014-07-11 19:11:04 »

It already happened. There are modified clients that make it possible to play in 'offline mode' with a choosable username. The dissappear from the internet often though, it might be because mojang tries to do a thing against them. :9

*cough* MinecraftSP *cough* I used to use one a long time ago. Back when I had no sense of what the game even was. Wink (Swear to god I thought it was a Roblox rip-off, I was 10)

Offline Longor1996
« Reply #14 - Posted 2014-07-11 21:19:34 »

Just buy the game.

I think he's already got an account, this may be useful for a school or something. Setting up 100+ mc accounts are hard, but making a login server for the Windows Login and Minecraft Login could be interesting. (Yes, I know Minecraft in school is kinda a cheesy concept, but don't act like you didn't think about its educational value Smiley )

Personally, I think it'd be cool. Figure it out, Longor!

You have to replicate the ENTIRE Account-API 1:1, and it takes a lot of time to get everything right.
If you don't get everything right Minecraft will, most of the time, just crash.

I tried it, and it absolutely wasn't worth it. It was actually the worst idea ever.
One had to install the 'patch' on every Client that wanted to join my modded Server, and since people are too lazy to do such a thing, I lost all players on my server. ALL of them.

It usually did go like this:
- User tries to join Server.
- Client crashes.
- User says: "Stupid Server, makes MC crash! I will play elsewhere..."
- My Server got more bad reputation.
- GOTO step0.

Tl:Dr; Don't try it, you will loose (nearly) all of your players.

Have a nice day.

- Longor1996

Edit: By the way: I stopped that project the moment someone 'higher up' told me that what I was doing was against the EULA. Don't ask for the code, I don#t have it anymore anyway.

Sorry for my bad English! That's because i am from Germany.
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

ctomni231 (33 views)
2014-07-18 06:55:21

Zero Volt (29 views)
2014-07-17 23:47:54

danieldean (24 views)
2014-07-17 23:41:23

MustardPeter (26 views)
2014-07-16 23:30:00

Cero (41 views)
2014-07-16 00:42:17

Riven (43 views)
2014-07-14 18:02:53

OpenGLShaders (31 views)
2014-07-14 16:23:47

Riven (30 views)
2014-07-14 11:51:35

quew8 (29 views)
2014-07-13 13:57:52

SHC (65 views)
2014-07-12 17:50:04
HotSpot Options
by dleskov
2014-07-08 03:59:08

Java and Game Development Tutorials
by SwordsMiner
2014-06-14 00:58:24

Java and Game Development Tutorials
by SwordsMiner
2014-06-14 00:47:22

How do I start Java Game Development?
by ra4king
2014-05-17 11:13:37

HotSpot Options
by Roquen
2014-05-15 09:59:54

HotSpot Options
by Roquen
2014-05-06 15:03:10

Escape Analysis
by Roquen
2014-04-29 22:16:43

Experimental Toys
by Roquen
2014-04-28 13:24:22
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org