games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 213
  ignore  |  Print  
  What I did today  (Read 3363552 times)
Offline philfrei
« Reply #6270 - Posted 2019-02-27 03:34:58 »

So much impressive work on this thread! I am in awe of the folks here.

Crossed a milestone today, while plugging away on the mundane task of figuring out how to distribute programs on the Mac:

I took a Swing "Hello world!" program, jlinked it and made a MacOS .app called Greeter with its own icon, packaged Greeter into a .pkg, then zipped and posted the file on my website (running High Sierra OS from a VM).

A friend with a Mac downloaded the zip, unpackaged the file, executed it--which automatically installed Greeter in the Applications folder, and was able to run the Greeter app and get the "Hey there!" message to display on a Swing form.

The zip was 23 MB, the unpacked app is about 75 MB. All the dots connected!

Some stuff to figure out remains: proper sandboxing and sealing the package. Also I have yet to find out if I can jlink a Java11 program with JavaFX on my test system and if audio will work (the test MacOS itself has no sound and doesn't display JavaFX graphics but I suspect it will still process the jlink compilation commands).

music and music apps: http://adonax.com
Offline orange451

JGO Kernel

Medals: 523
Projects: 8
Exp: 8 years

Your face? Your ass? What's the difference?

« Reply #6271 - Posted 2019-03-01 05:03:30 »

Implemented ComboBox:
Click to Play

First Recon. A java made online first person shooter!
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #6272 - Posted 2019-03-03 12:41:41 »

Continued work on Clear's TextArea (right click and open image in new tab to see the full size pic):

Current features:
  • Good performance with large amounts of text
  • Smooth animated interface
  • Syntax highlighting (or any other needed range-based formatting)
  • Copious amounts of customization options

Source code of the above demo:
https://github.com/SkyAphid/Clear/blob/master/ClearVG/demo/nokori/clear/vg/ClearTextAreaDemo.java

Things are going a bit slower than I wanted due to some personal health issues, but I'm hoping to get it done soon-ish. Anyway, next up is text editing.

Check out the github repo's readme to learn more about the project:
https://github.com/SkyAphid/Clear/blob/master/README.md

it just werks
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline philfrei
« Reply #6273 - Posted 2019-03-04 04:38:31 »

Friend reports back that JavaFX audio program that I compiled and posted for him downloaded and installed smoothly, and runs fine. Yes, the graphics appear, the audio plays, despite these not working on the VM environment where I did the compiling and packaging.

His main complaint: his Mac ID was required. He wants to know the program will be confined to the sandbox. It makes sense that people are a lot less likely to download and run new code from an unknown source if the code has full access to their system.

I've written the steps out (for manual compiling, jlinking, and packaging) and will eventually post them on our wiki thread, but I probably should first try and figure out why the Mac ID is being requested by the installer code (from the "Packages" application).

Tuesday is a session with another friend's Mac. I feel a bit like I'm couch surfing.

music and music apps: http://adonax.com
Offline NuclearPixels
« Reply #6274 - Posted 2019-03-04 21:16:24 »

Had an important milestone at work, so could not work much on my game project, nevertheless managed to redo the UI, something which finally pleases my eyes Cheesy, not yet the final version, but very close to the final one:

Learning and having fun developing games. Twitter: https://twitter.com/NuclearPixels
Offline LiquidNitrogen
« Reply #6275 - Posted 2019-03-05 00:22:12 »

New improved terrain generator with (temporary) trees which occur only within their preferred climate ranges.

Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #6276 - Posted 2019-03-05 00:38:31 »

Got text highlighting working. Also made a way to correctly render \t characters despite NanoVG's attempts to arbitrarily make that functionality impossible. The best part is, my solution for it is completely customizable - you can make workarounds for literally any special character defect that NanoVG attempts to throw at you. Remembers kids, only you can prevent arbitrary architecture limitations.

it just werks
Offline BitBotz
« Reply #6277 - Posted 2019-03-05 22:40:32 »

Created a background creator for fast background creation. Proud of the field of view ability of my camera.

Click to Play

Offline NuclearPixels
« Reply #6278 - Posted 2019-03-07 22:28:38 »

Finally had time to test something I was planning for so long time, added shadows (on a separate, shadows only layer). In my opinion looks nice Smiley. I believe I will have to update my blender models and re-render everything now Cheesy

Learning and having fun developing games. Twitter: https://twitter.com/NuclearPixels
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #6279 - Posted 2019-03-15 07:48:33 »

After fighting some health issues for a week or so, I managed to finally finish my TextArea implementation. I can finally rebuild JDialogue with Clear now.

I rebuilt my text formatting system and added an escape sequence command system that would work with NanoVG. It was kind of tough to get working because it wasn't recognizing ANSI color sequences, so I had to invent my own using HEX colors instead. Ultimately I got everything working in a way that I think is clean, organized, and performance-minded. The system is customizable to a large extent and leaves itself open to future expansion. The best sort of code is the kind that can be expanded without breaking everything around it, in my opinion. So I tried to build Clear around that.

Here's a snippet of how the above text is formatted in the code:
   \02\05#FF7F50Hello World!\01 \04This is entry number " + i + ".\01   

Notice how I was able to actually just insert tabs into the text. Clear will register that tab and render it correctly (normally NanoVG just murders the character). Additionally I have some custom escape sequences for my formatting. These are easily editable.

And here's an excerpt from its documentation (Clear is highly documented) that describes how it all works:

Text areas in software always tend to be highly complex systems. I've tried my best to organize Clear's text areas in a clean and easily modifiable fashion. In simple terms, as I like to keep them, Clear's text area widget is organized as the following:

• TextAreaWidget: This is the core container for the text area and the interface for adding one to a Clear UI. All primary text data is contained in this class.

• TextAreaContentHandler: This class handles rendering and editing the text content of this TextAreaWidget.

• TextAreaContentInputHandler: This class is called by the TextAreaWidget to handle sending input instructions to the TextAreaContentHandler. It's an abstract class and is meant to be extended to allow for custom input configurations. A default one with settings common to most text editing engines is included via DefaultTextAreaContentInputHandler.

• TextAreaInputSettings: This class contains some booleans for easily enabling/disabling input features of the TextAreaWidget. However, whether or not the settings are actually read depends on the TextAreaContentInputHandler implementation.

• TextAreaContentEscapeSequences: This class is an "under the hood" class that handles interpreting special escape sequences that can allow for special text formatting. It's not recommended that this class be tampered with, but new features can be added if necessary.

• TextAreaHistory: This class contains TextState objects that allow for undo/redoing during editing.

If you need to edit or add new features to this text area implementation, the above list should help you in getting started on where to find functionality and how to edit it.

Clear is open source and available here.

EDIT:
Just got a general-purpose syntax highlighting system working too:

it just werks
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline qwer555

Innocent Bystander

« Reply #6280 - Posted 2019-03-16 05:00:18 »

Created a background creator for fast background creation. Proud of the field of view ability of my camera.

Click to Play

Where to download source or relice?
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #6281 - Posted 2019-03-19 08:38:12 »

Completed syntax highlighting for Clear:

And there's also a lot of customization for it, so you can make nifty debug tools like this:

And as usual, the setup is easy:

it just werks
Offline dime26

JGO Wizard

Medals: 82
Projects: 7
Exp: 12 years

Should traffic wardens be armed?

« Reply #6282 - Posted 2019-03-19 13:08:01 »

Small update to road building, placing roads now sets neighbouring tiles, sometimes these neighbour tiles are in other chunks.
Quick debug test to ensure the tiles in other chunks are found correctly to ensure pathfinding will work between chunks.

Draws an "i" to show a neighbour with out a road and draws a box to show neighbour is a road.

Click to Play
Offline BitBotz
« Reply #6283 - Posted 2019-03-21 12:49:51 »

Hi qwer555, i cant send you a private message. Captcha image and sound is broken.  Roll Eyes
Yout can contact me through twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBotzGames

Offline Longarmx
« Reply #6284 - Posted 2019-03-23 04:12:11 »

I made some free time yesterday and started work on a Whitted ray tracer in pure Java. I plan to try out path tracing in the future, but first I want to at least add soft shadows, area lights, polygonal mesh rendering (with acceleration structures), and maybe a more realistic lighting model.

It currently supports spheres/planes, phong shading, reflection/refraction, and MSAA.

GitHub

(The refraction seems like it may be a little messed up, but I need to test it more).

Offline Longor1996

JGO Wizard

Medals: 116
Projects: 2

The cake is probably a lie.

« Reply #6285 - Posted 2019-03-23 11:45:05 »

I put together a small multilayer panning/zooming thing yesterday: https://longor.net/experiments/node-test/

- Camera is controlled with the middle mouse-button/the wheel.
    - Hold the MMB to pan the camera around.
    - Scroll to zoom in/out, relative to cursor.
- Only for Chrome/Firefox/Edge, not IE.
- Doesn't really work on mobile.
- Just a demo, expect nothing.

The cake is probably a lie... but it's a delicious lie!
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #6286 - Posted 2019-03-25 22:52:35 »

Whew! I was locked out of JGO for a few days because of a weird DNS-type error. Glad to be back.

I managed to finish all of the core features for Clear and started rebuilding JDialogue (now renamed more appropriately to ClearDialogue). The program performs better and I was able to rebuild 70% of the UI within three hours due to the quality of Clear. I'm very happy with my progress. I should be able to finally finish the program for real soon and be able to add any features down the line I want. If there's a bug, I can just squash it myself.

I'll make a new project page for ClearDialogue when it's done since it has so many new features already. I'll also finally make a page for Clear as well.

it just werks
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #6287 - Posted 2019-03-30 06:17:04 »

And there you have it folks. ClearDialogue.

Here's a short list of improvements this version has just by merely existing:

• Uses the Clear backend: making the general architecture of the program much more mechanically sound than it was by using JavaFX
  • The text editing tools were made 100% by me, so it's not only stable, but future-proof. Bugs can be fixed, new features can be added, and it's not a pain in the ass to use. I also tried to keep performance in mind as I made it to prevent any resource leaks that are common with these things
  • The code for the pannable canvas and pannable nodes are much more clean and all use one coordinate system (versus JavaFX shoehorning in like 3)
  • The layout system has both systems for making quick grid-based layouts, but also lets you place them 100% manually if you wish. Both can be used simultaneously with no bullshit
  • All of this is open source and heavily documented for anyone to use

I'll be making a project page for the following:
  • ClearDialogue - a lightweight API that allows for easy to manage branching game dialogue
  • ClearDialogueIDE - a user interface that lets you make branching dialogues for ClearDialogue
  • ClearVG - a graphics wrapper for NanoVG that makes it easy to make UIs for your programs. Includes a functioning TextArea with syntax highlighting, line numbers, special character support, and much more
  • ClearWindows - a LWJGL3 windowing wrapper using tech from NNGINE (though with some features stripped down to keep it simple). This can be used independently for quickly setting up an LWJGL3 context for any project.
This ballooned way out of control considering I just wanted to add some basic features to JDialogue originally, but here we are. This should keep me from ever having the issues that lead me here to begin with again. And maybe these tools will help some of you guys too.

it just werks
Offline Zemlaynin
« Reply #6288 - Posted 2019-03-30 07:35:50 »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKzG2ktO6xw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/EKzG2ktO6xw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=</a>
Offline Shatterhand
« Reply #6289 - Posted 2019-03-30 19:12:00 »

And there you have it folks. ClearDialogue.

Here's a short list of improvements this version has just by merely existing:

• Uses the Clear backend: making the general architecture of the program much more mechanically sound than it was by using JavaFX
  • The text editing tools were made 100% by me, so it's not only stable, but future-proof. Bugs can be fixed, new features can be added, and it's not a pain in the ass to use. I also tried to keep performance in mind as I made it to prevent any resource leaks that are common with these things
  • The code for the pannable canvas and pannable nodes are much more clean and all use one coordinate system (versus JavaFX shoehorning in like 3)
  • The layout system has both systems for making quick grid-based layouts, but also lets you placed them 100% manually if you wish. Both can be used simultaneously with no bullshit
  • All of this is open source and heavily documented for anyone to use

I'll be making a project page for the following:
  • ClearDialogue - a lightweight API that allows for easy to manage branching game dialogue
  • ClearDialogueIDE - a user interface that lets you make branching dialogues for ClearDialogue
  • ClearVG - a graphics wrapper for NanoVG that makes it easy to make UIs for your programs. Includes a functioning TextArea with syntax highlighting, line numbers, special character support, and much more
  • ClearWindows - a LWJGL3 windowing wrapper using tech from NNGINE (though with some features stripped down to keep it simple). This can be used independently for quickly setting up an LWJGL3 context for any project.
This ballooned way out of control considering I just wanted to add some basic features to JDialogue originally, but here we are. This should keep me from ever having the issues that lead me here to begin with again. And maybe these tools will help some of you guys too.

Very nice, thank you for your great contribution to the ever growing pool of well-made free open source software. Smiley

Finally found some time to work on my game again over the last few days. Fixed some bugs, created a tutorial level, mainly animated and polished some enemies with Blender. After that I rendered them out as pixel art. This workflow works quite well for me, after a bit of initial setup (a blend file with the necessary camera and compositor setup to have 1bit alpha). … except for some difficulties with Blender that I've yet to sort out  Tongue. Hope I'll be able to finish it soon.

Also had a closer look at the Godot engine. It's basically on the way to become the Blender of game engines. Very feature packed, rapid development, good community, a quite flexible concept of building games… really neat. Though it has nothing to do with Java at all Cheesy

Cheers

Micro$oft broke Volkswagen's world record: Volkswagen only made 22 million bugs!
Offline Guerra2442

JGO Coder

Medals: 70
Exp: 3 years

Guerra24

« Reply #6290 - Posted 2019-04-02 03:23:46 »

Implemented TAA /w Jitter. Motion vectors are used but need to be implemented as a GBuffer texture instead of calculating them in the TAA pass.

Working on Light Engine.
Offline orange451

JGO Kernel

« Reply #6291 - Posted 2019-04-03 01:38:53 »

Implemented a skybox object in my IDE:

(Note most of these materials are marked as highly glossy [clearcoat], most materials realistically wont be quite this... shiny).

The purpose of the brightness/power sliders are to correct for skybox textures like this:

And turn them into...

It works much like Strength/Power works in a SSAO implementation.

Offline orange451

JGO Kernel

« Reply #6292 - Posted 2019-04-04 02:35:54 »

Sorry to double post persecutioncomplex

Pretty happy with the progress I made today. I threw together a simple physics application using my engine:
Click to Play

It's becoming more and more usable every day!
In IDE:

Offline Damocles
« Reply #6293 - Posted 2019-04-04 06:35:18 »

Wrote a JAVA world generator tool for 7 Days to Die, as a replacement for the buildin RWG world generator. (32kb for the jar)
It offers customization options for the maps and building placement, and uses a different aproach on generating the random terrain.
(7DtD uses layered noise functions, I use prepared terrain stamps, wich are combined in a random matter by a define ruleset.).

NitroGen World Generator

Ingame it looks pretty good. Shows that alternatives to noisefunctions work well for random generated world.
There is more artistic control over the output then.

Offline orange451

JGO Kernel

« Reply #6294 - Posted 2019-04-04 12:30:13 »

@Damocles What game is this? How do I test the map I generated  Wink
Those screenshots look really cool.

Offline Damocles
« Reply #6295 - Posted 2019-04-04 12:57:55 »

7 Days to Die.
Is available on Steam.

This tool serves as a replacement for the included world generator.
Offline FabulousFellini
« Reply #6296 - Posted 2019-04-04 22:48:03 »

7 Days to Die.
Is available on Steam.

This tool serves as a replacement for the included world generator.

7 days to die rules.  I love that game.   

Today I got the last of most game mechanics (lol we shall see) to work in this pirate game I'm making, and I'm going to make a WIP thread for it tomorrow.  I think its good enough, as I have the game world, a couple missions to do, weapons, good smooth movement thanks to @SkyAphid      I'll try to make a video showing everything tomorrow, and make a list of what I've done, and what still needs to be done.   Is "The Golden Age" a good name?   (I'm referring to the the golden age of pirates).   

-FabulousFellini
www.fabulousfellini.com
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #6297 - Posted 2019-04-13 21:19:31 »

I've added tons of features to ClearDialogue that I wanted in JDialogue but couldn't add because JavaFX is a massive shitfest. Check out all of the features on the git page:

https://github.com/SkyAphid/ClearDialogue

I've also been working on adding multi-windowed program support to Clear so that I can add a input box window to ClearDialogue because TinyFileDialog's is a total broken mess. I managed to get two windows up and running just now, I'll do the rest tomorrow. There's still some kinks I need to work out.

EDIT: There ya have it:

it just werks
Offline orange451

JGO Kernel

« Reply #6298 - Posted 2019-04-16 02:17:34 »

Switched over from using JBullet to using LibGDX's Bullet (wrapper?). It's much nicer, provides much more stable physics, and doesn't crash with GImpact objects!

Click to Play

Offline elect

JGO Knight

Medals: 67

« Reply #6299 - Posted 2019-04-16 07:30:26 »

Did you try the bullet binding from lwjgl?
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 213
  ignore  |  Print  

hadezbladez (3181 views)
2018-11-16 13:46:03

hadezbladez (1151 views)
2018-11-16 13:41:33

hadezbladez (3151 views)
2018-11-16 13:35:35

hadezbladez (629 views)
2018-11-16 13:32:03

EgonOlsen (3918 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:48

EgonOlsen (4402 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:44

EgonOlsen (2622 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:20

DesertCoockie (3441 views)
2018-05-13 18:23:11

nelsongames (3573 views)
2018-04-24 18:15:36

nelsongames (4620 views)
2018-04-24 18:14:32
Java Gaming Resources
by philfrei
2019-05-14 16:15:13

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2019-05-08 15:15:36

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2019-05-08 15:13:34

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2019-02-17 20:25:53

Deployment and Packaging
by mudlee
2018-08-22 18:09:50

Java Gaming Resources
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:19:41

Deployment and Packaging
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:04:08

Deployment and Packaging
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:03:45
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org