Projects: 3
Exp: 20 years

Eh? Who? What? ... Me?

« Reply #4110 - Posted 2016-04-12 08:50:16 »

+1 for Spine, it's ace.

Cas Smiley

Offline J0
« Reply #4111 - Posted 2016-04-12 16:43:11 »

I would actually recommend you an existing animation program. I made good experience with Spine; But it costs some bucks.
Thanks ClaasJG! However, the game I'm currently making should not hold too many animations like this one (probably just the eight directions N/NE/E/SE/S/SW/W/NW for the character), so I'm not willing to pour money just for that... Plus, I'm using OpenGL and I see Spine only exports to Libgdx... Would someone know a free alternative? persecutioncomplex

You made those with a mouse you say? Shocked
I struggled quite a lot with that hahah! I'm taking what you said as a compliment, thanks Wink

J0 Smiley

Offline bornander
« Reply #4112 - Posted 2016-04-12 17:32:24 »

Decided that to turn my current prototype into a finished game I need to start writing about it as a WIP-project. That should force me to produce somewhat regular updates instead of occasionally tinkering with non-important details.

Try my Android games: Grapple | Hovercraft | Lala
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Spasi
« Reply #4113 - Posted 2016-04-12 23:06:06 »

Made a short demo of LWJGL 3's Vulkan documentation:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Ni6hELM-8I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6Ni6hELM-8I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=</a>
Offline CopyableCougar4
« Reply #4114 - Posted 2016-04-13 01:06:51 »

Plus, I'm using OpenGL and I see Spine only exports to Libgdx... Would someone know a free alternative? persecutioncomplex

With a little work you could probably use the libgdx with a custom renderer and use whatever rendering setup you want.
https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/tree/master/spine-libgdx

Either wandering the forum or programming. Most likely the latter Smiley

Github: http://github.com/CopyableCougar4
Offline theagentd
« Reply #4115 - Posted 2016-04-14 02:09:34 »

Finally finished writing software command buffers for OpenGL. I ended up going with raw memory pointers for writing commands instead of storing commands as objects.

Before you start reading this, keep in mind that I am well aware of how crazy this sounds. xd I realized that I will probably need hundreds of commands to do everything I want in OpenGL, which isn't exactly fun to maintain if I also have to write and read the data from these commands to a memory pointer manually, so I decided to......... write a program which generates the code. >___> <___< For example given this input class:
public class CmdBindFramebuffer {
   public int fbo;
}
it outputs the following class:
package engine.age.objects.cmd.glcmd;

import static org.lwjgl.system.MemoryUtil.*;
import static org.lwjgl.system.MemoryStack.*;

import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL12.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL13.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL14.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL15.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL20.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL21.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL30.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL31.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL32.*;
import static org.lwjgl.opengl.GL33.*;

@SuppressWarnings("unused")
public class CmdBindFramebuffer {

public static final int COMMAND_ID = 0;

public static final int SIZE = 8;

private static final int FBO_OFFSET = 4;

private CmdBindFramebuffer() {}

public static long store(long address, int fbo) {
        memPutInt(address, COMMAND_ID);
        memPutInt(address + FBO_OFFSET, fbo);
        return address + SIZE;
    }

public static long execute(long address) {
        int fbo = memGetInt(address + FBO_OFFSET);

execute(fbo);

return address + SIZE;
    }

public static void execute(int fbo) {
        glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, fbo); //<--- inserted by me manually after generation
    }
}

To store the command in a memory pointer, I just do the following:
      prepareCommand(CmdBindFramebuffer.SIZE);
      currentAddress = CmdBindFramebuffer.store(currentAddress, activeFramebuffer.getFBO(currentSubpass));

Now, the generator also goes through all template classes and regenerates them each time I run the generator (leaving the execute() function intact so that it doesn't remove the code I've written manually) and assign a unique ID to each one. It also outputs to System.out a huge switch() statement for running a command buffer as well. Currently I only have two commands, so it's not that big yet. =P
long address = pageAddresses[i];
for(int j = 0; j < commandCount; j++){

int commandID = memGetInt(address);

//This part is generated.
    switch(commandID){
        case CmdBindFramebuffer.COMMAND_ID: address = CmdBindFramebuffer.execute(address); break;
        case CmdClearBuffer.COMMAND_ID: address = CmdClearBuffer.execute(address); break;
        default: throw new RuntimeException("Unknown command: " + commandID);
    }
}

It's pretty neat. xd I'm now at feature parity with the Vulkan version, where I can start render passes and have them automatically clear the attachments for me (it's a feature in Vulkan, emulated using glClearBuffer**() in OpenGL the first time a color attachment is used).

EDIT:
More advanced example with static final variables preserved:
 Input: http://www.java-gaming.org/?action=pastebin&id=1443
 Output: http://www.java-gaming.org/?action=pastebin&id=1444 (execute() method written manually by me of course)

Myomyomyo.
Offline ra4king

JGO Kernel

Medals: 508
Exp: 5 years

I'm the King!

« Reply #4116 - Posted 2016-04-14 02:18:58 »

Why have you decided to do this much work to support both OpenGL and Vulkan through an abstract layer?

Offline theagentd
« Reply #4117 - Posted 2016-04-14 02:20:07 »

Why have you decided to do this much work to support both OpenGL and Vulkan through an abstract layer?
Because it's awesome? Jokes aside, I want to support OGL3 hardware as well, and they don't support Vulkan. Also it'll be interesting to have a perfect comparison between the two.

Myomyomyo.
Offline delt0r

JGO Wizard

Medals: 145
Exp: 18 years

Computers can do that?

« Reply #4118 - Posted 2016-04-14 03:46:49 »

Well i finished my math and some prototypes of IK using FABRIK method and tested some constraints. Will be adding to jME next week.

Managed to solve my 4x4 in 11 mins. I don't really do speed solving. Also this had only one parity error, so almost as fast i probably am right now.

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.--Albert Einstein
Offline Icecore
« Reply #4119 - Posted 2016-04-14 14:24:57 »

write a program which generates the code. >___> <___<
Not sure why generate abstract layer for library - But its cool =)
What java Source analyze methods you use ?)

up:
ou i understand ^^
need overwrite static vars, methods Wink
public static final int COMMAND_ID
and
public static long execute

Its’s better in many cases use direct compiled code without generating code
-it looks very cool and flexible, and it really is,
but you receive many trash code that can be optimized by abstract function and interfaces.

Like this:
    private static final int V0_OFFSET = 16;
    private static final int V1_OFFSET = 20;
    private static final int V2_OFFSET = 24;
    private static final int V3_OFFSET = 28;

this Vars are same(generated)
So you can move them into
abstract class CmdClearBuffer_Abs

And generate (or extend directly ^^)
 CmdClearBuffer extend CmdClearBuffer_Abs

Simple words: take care about overflow of generated code Wink

up2: ^^
-public static long execute(long address)
-public static void execute(int fbo)
+public static long execute_Address(long address)
+public static void execute_Buf(int fbo)

Last known State: Reassembled in Cyberspace
End Transmission....
Journey began Now)
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline theagentd
« Reply #4120 - Posted 2016-04-14 19:20:24 »

Hmm. I could've just hardcoded all the variables of course, but I decided to intentionally generate all the boilerplate constants to make the generated code more easy to read.

I use simple reflection to analyze the template class, extracting the fields for it.

Oh, and execute(int fbo) (or whatever args the generator puts in there) is supposed to be private. x___x Gonna go fix that. =P That should be enough to make it clear that the private execute() method is meant to do work.

Myomyomyo.
Offline SHC
« Reply #4121 - Posted 2016-04-14 19:21:19 »

Added CSS to the SilenceEngine GWT Tests page.

Click for full size. Night for today!

Offline theagentd
« Reply #4122 - Posted 2016-04-14 20:12:45 »

I drew my first Vulkan triangle! Grin Grin Grin

Myomyomyo.
Offline ags1

JGO Kernel

Medals: 367
Projects: 7

Make code not war!

« Reply #4123 - Posted 2016-04-14 20:18:57 »

Added move-to-mouse-click to Vangard, no more watching the paint dry as the sprite slowly rotates onto a new bearing Smiley

Also added a tranlucent radial popup menu to Vangard... although currently only the menu is displayed and not the menu items yet.

Offline Slyth2727
« Reply #4124 - Posted 2016-04-15 00:55:37 »

Well i finished my math and some prototypes of IK using FABRIK method and tested some constraints. Will be adding to jME next week.

Managed to solve my 4x4 in 11 mins. I don't really do speed solving. Also this had only one parity error, so almost as fast i probably am right now.

Cheesy

Good job! Doesn't look like a Rubiks, maybe a shengshou? That's the most common speed cube 4x4 that non cubers buy usually. You should consider getting a 5x5 or some cuboids (3x3x2 etc). Lots of fun to be had Smiley
Offline delt0r

JGO Wizard

Computers can do that?

« Reply #4125 - Posted 2016-04-15 01:11:21 »

No idea what it is. I got it at a xmass market in Vienna.

My cubes. The 4x4 is harder than a 5x5 of course. Since you get parity. The 5x5 is a rubics and is crap.

Offline Slyth2727
« Reply #4126 - Posted 2016-04-15 20:19:43 »

Awesome! Yeah so what you've got there is a gear cube and a mirror blocks cube. The mirror blocks is solvable just like a 3x3 like I'm sure you know, but the gear cube is a bit harder. I wouldn't even try to design commutators or anything for the gear cube, all you really need to solve it is maybe a couple re-orientation algorithms. It's mostly an intuitive solve.

I received this two days ago and finally finished the solve today Smiley google image because I'm too lazy to upload a picture.

Offline matheus23

JGO Kernel

Medals: 138

You think about my Avatar right now!

« Reply #4127 - Posted 2016-04-16 20:03:14 »

So the last couple of days were interesting. I implemented fluid/gas simulation using the Lattice Boltzmann Method.

Unfortunately I dont get the math behind all of this. (Never had a PDE course yet, second university semester starts next monday). That means that i derived the code from the most "concrete" equations in papers i could find. This is the result:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tvoj15jq_f0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tvoj15jq_f0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=</a>

Interestingly, the motivation for this was creating a game (as always). I wanted to make an Element-bending game in which you could control air, water, etc. like in the Avatar: The last airbender tv series. Lets see how far this will get. I don't even care whether I finish someting playable. This was plenty of fun already Smiley

<edit>
Technical details: 40 fps, that means ~180k site updates per second (which is not good at all...) with a 3.4 GHz 4-core hyperthreading Intel Xenon.
Color at each cell depicts the magnitude of the macroscopic velocity of the fluid at that cell.
</edit>

See my:
    My development Blog:     | Or look at my RPG | Or simply my coding
http://matheusdev.tumblr.comRuins of Revenge  |      On Github
Offline delt0r

JGO Wizard

Computers can do that?

« Reply #4128 - Posted 2016-04-17 06:06:44 »

So after much mucking around and playing and saving and... Anyway now my pipeline loads texture data directly from the blend files correctly. Still some funk with normal's but that was fixed by re generating them, and i need to manually create binormals.  The result however is now we have all the textures!

There is plenty to do.

As for fluids, i added fluid simulation to Art Of Illusion way back. AoI was the java version of blender. However it was mostly one guy who is now rather busy. I didn't do a great job and abandoned the project. I used Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH). I find it worked better for free surfaces. I would do things very differently if i did them again.

Lattice Boltzmann methods are pretty cool. The math even cooler. In the old days they even had integer latices gases. That was for back when floating point units were slow and expensive. These days i would look for a lib that uses the gpu. Hard to make it the same everywhere however.

Offline orange451

JGO Kernel

Medals: 444
Projects: 7
Exp: 7 years

Your face? Your ass? What's the difference?

« Reply #4129 - Posted 2016-04-17 08:51:03 »

Anyway now my pipeline loads texture data directly from the blend files correctly.
Blender's blend file or FBX? o:

and i need to manually create binormals.
Can't this be done in the shader? I'm assuming you're using them to calculate a TBN matrix for your normalmapping. Though, I guess I've you've already went ahead and done it on the CPU then there's no reason to switch Tongue

First Recon. A java made online first person shooter!
Offline beaucoralk

Senior Newbie

Medals: 1

« Reply #4130 - Posted 2016-04-17 10:30:57 »

Today I come among you, a great community.
These days I watch the complete code of SilenceEngine, and now I can not say that I get to make my own game engine without copying.
SHC did it so well, with such a good architecture... so I'll never can said "I've made my own GE !" :s
Offline delt0r

JGO Wizard

Computers can do that?

« Reply #4131 - Posted 2016-04-17 12:20:26 »

Blender's blend file or FBX? o:
This is with jMonkey engine. So directly from blender files.
Quote from: orange451
Can't this be done in the shader? I'm assuming you're using them to calculate a TBN matrix for your normalmapping. Though, I guess I've you've already went ahead and done it on the CPU then there's no reason to switch Tongue
I am just using the default jME system. I need to call the create binormals thing. Since default textures (spec & normal maps) is all we need right now.

This week i am adding a proper IK system to jME that will also fix some of the other blender import issues. going to be all FABRIK, much like unity. But i get to match constraints to the blender system.

Offline SHC
« Reply #4132 - Posted 2016-04-17 12:24:20 »

Today I come among you, a great community.
These days I watch the complete code of SilenceEngine, and now I can not say that I get to make my own game engine without copying.
SHC did it so well, with such a good architecture... so I'll never can said "I've made my own GE !" :s

Hey Kevin,

Welcome on to this forum, And thanks for your comment. I already spent nearly two (one and a half, November 16th is it's birthday) years on the engine, and I got my hands into low level things, and now it's time to make some games with it.

Doing LudumDare this time?

Offline Slyth2727
« Reply #4133 - Posted 2016-04-18 05:00:36 »

Yay! I got a spot as a summer intern software dev. There was only one position available and at least 10 other people applied, so I'm very happy about this. Plus it's good money too.
Hopefully I'll learn a bunch Smiley

Also got a new one handed best (solving the 3x3 one hand): 20.44! My first sub 20 OH solve will be any day now. Nationals is looking good.
Offline Roquen

JGO Kernel

Medals: 518

« Reply #4134 - Posted 2016-04-19 07:14:48 »

This looks kinda fun: https://github.com/alexjc/neural-doodle
Offline Icecore
« Reply #4135 - Posted 2016-04-19 09:15:54 »

It's mega cool for Texturing algoritm (in future ^^)
You'll need a good NVIDIA card with CUDA to run this software on GPU, ideally 2Gb / 4Gb or better still, 8Gb to 12Gb for larger resolutions.
SadFace..

up:
Link share Wink
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/udoo/udoo-x86-the-most-powerful-maker-board-ever?ref=category_recommended
$109
- X86
- Intel® Quad Core up to 2.24 GHz
- 4 GB of RAM
Estimated delivery: Nov 2016
X86 - Win ^^

IMO: Little overpriced (you can buy for same price cheap smartphone with onboard screen battery etc)
but its intel supports x86
+ long delivery time
but good try, let's wait more ^^

Last known State: Reassembled in Cyberspace
End Transmission....
Journey began Now)
Offline elect

JGO Knight

Medals: 60

« Reply #4136 - Posted 2016-04-19 10:28:14 »

Nice project, glad to see so much italy in it, they will offer back an icecream as a reward if you visit them  Grin

But when I look at the gpu here, Braswell HD Graphics 400, it has 4.3 on Windows but only 3.3 on Linux... wtf Intel  Huh

It is known the linux driver team of Intel is much better than the windows' one, but they should also keep it up..

Well, at least ES 3.1 on Android, not bad at all
Offline CommanderKeith
« Reply #4137 - Posted 2016-04-19 12:51:30 »

Link share Wink
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/udoo/udoo-x86-the-most-powerful-maker-board-ever?ref=category_recommended
$109
- X86
- Intel® Quad Core up to 2.24 GHz
- 4 GB of RAM
Estimated delivery: Nov 2016
X86 - Win ^^
Interesting board, thanks for sharing.
I see that the power consumption is said to be between 5 and 6 Watts which is only double or triple the ARM boards.
Here are the board's processor specs for the Intel® Celeron® Processor N3160 (2M Cache, up to 2.24 GHz).
http://ark.intel.com/products/91831/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N3160-2M-Cache-up-to-2_24-GHz

Interesting to see that it's a Celeron which as a desktop has a bad reputation for being slow but comparable to the ARM boards it must be relatively faster. I notice that this incarnation of the celeron was released in 2016Q1.
I hope this UDOOx86 board takes off and gives rise to lots more competition. One of the pains with the ARM boards is that few programs work with them. Even java is a pain to run on ARM since Oracle attempt to charge a licensing fee for the embedded Oracle JDK if you distribute a commercial program, unlike the regular JVM.
Also, I haven't been able to find an ARM64 headful (graphics capable) Oracle JVM, embedded or not. This is not a big problem since the openJDK arm64 JVM works headful but I suspect that it's slower than the oracle one.
Having a fast and power-efficient x86 board would be great from a software point of view since ordinary java will work on it. Also, the linux operating systems on x86 are fully functional and stable, unlike arm64 which is a big headache. For example, Chromium browser doesn't work on Ubuntu arm64 at the moment, among other driver and OS problems:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20085

Offline CommanderKeith
« Reply #4138 - Posted 2016-04-19 12:59:46 »

One thing that seems strange is this quote from the UDOOx86 kickstarter:
"Quad Core 64-bit new-generation x86 processors"
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/udoo/udoo-x86-the-most-powerful-maker-board-ever

I thought x86 meant 32 bit?
Given that the processor is actually 64 bit, shouldn't the whole project be called the UDOOx64 rather than UDOOx86  Huh

Offline Opiop
« Reply #4139 - Posted 2016-04-19 13:10:32 »

Yay! I got a spot as a summer intern software dev. There was only one position available and at least 10 other people applied, so I'm very happy about this. Plus it's good money too.
Hopefully I'll learn a bunch Smiley
Can I ask where you're interning and what you're working on? That's great though! Have fun, ask questions if you need to and impress everyone Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 207
  ignore  |  Print  

hadezbladez (45 views)
2018-11-16 13:46:03

hadezbladez (50 views)
2018-11-16 13:41:33

hadezbladez (29 views)
2018-11-16 13:35:35

hadezbladez (20 views)
2018-11-16 13:32:03

EgonOlsen (1900 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:48

EgonOlsen (1936 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:44

EgonOlsen (1286 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:20

DesertCoockie (1718 views)
2018-05-13 18:23:11

nelsongames (1412 views)
2018-04-24 18:15:36

nelsongames (2043 views)
2018-04-24 18:14:32
Deployment and Packaging
by mudlee
2018-08-22 18:09:50

Java Gaming Resources
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:19:41

Deployment and Packaging
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:04:08

Deployment and Packaging
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:03:45

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-20 02:33:38

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-20 02:29:55

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-19 23:56:20

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-19 23:54:46
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org