I plan on making a port of some game in java, but I don't know which one would be the best. Its going to be posted on Github too, for anyone who wants to see the source.
I had a few ideas in mind:
* Wolfenstein 3D
* Halo CE (Just the engine, not the assets...
(May need a bit of help with that one))
* Zelda, a link to the past
* Quake or Doom (Mainly just the gameplay, too softcore for shadow mapping)
* Minecraft (I think a minecraft clone would be original
* Marathon (Bungie got me into gaming
* Super Mario Brothers
Call of Duty
Should I even make a clone? Would it be better to focus on my own original projects?