Games in Android Showcase (112)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (553)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  DemonShooter ! First game release  (Read 1796 times)
Offline TFDizzy
« Posted 2014-05-09 19:59:27 »

Nothing real special here! Just a pong-like, 2 Player shooter! One person is player1 (the demon) and 1 person is player 2 (the cowboy) each player has 10 health, first one to get hit 10 times, dies!

I'm not going to going into huge development with this game, but I'm going to add a health bar, restart game option, and the option to choose your terrain and players.
This is my first game release, been learning java for about 5 months now and finally got enough of a grasp to make a small game..

Just releasing this to get some constructive criticism.
Well give it a go!

Player1(Demon) W = UP / S = DOWN/ SPACE = SHOOT
Player2(Cowboy) UP = UP / DOWN = DOWN / "/" = SHOOT

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l98ad3wmslsgl2p/DemonShooter.zip

Offline Mr.CodeIt

« Reply #1 - Posted 2014-05-10 03:19:17 »

none of the images loaded. All I saw was a window with the words demon shooter inside of it.(Just like the window title)

I'm not drunk, I've just been up late coding.
Offline Spacebeans
« Reply #2 - Posted 2014-05-10 23:09:58 »

none of the images loaded. All I saw was a window with the words demon shooter inside of it.(Just like the window title)

This happens when you don't extract it from the Zip archive.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Mr.CodeIt

« Reply #3 - Posted 2014-05-11 15:10:11 »

This happens when you don't extract it from the Zip archive.

I extracted it to a folder on my desktop. It did the same thing, is this incorrect?

I'm not drunk, I've just been up late coding.
Offline TFDizzy
« Reply #4 - Posted 2014-05-20 00:28:53 »

I tried it on another computer, worked for me. Extract it to your desktop, and make sure the image folder is with it.
Offline GasQuake

Senior Newbie

Medals: 1

« Reply #5 - Posted 2014-06-14 08:37:36 »

For some reason "Demon Shooter by Vinny" flickers? Is that a problem everyone gets? Is it your code?

The control scheme is a bit odd in my opinion for the right player. It just feels weird.

Btw you should make your own ships they would probably look better you don't even have to go into high detail just make them look retro-ish. The bullets are too small as well in my opinion. You could scale them up in Paint.NET or whatever you use or just make a simple bullet yourself. Both would work.

Other than that its a good start Smiley.
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print