Solis WIP topic
What is this project?
Solis is my current project , this is going to be one with continuous development
and will have my full attention.
The game itself is about building spacecraft in 2d topdown action, the player can construct
, fight and control their entirely customizable vessel. The game will have heavy intensity on
intergalactic fights , mining and eventually multiplayer.Current progress!
- Fully functional editor.
- Somewhat usable Guis!
- Functional Main screen!
- Efficient opengl based renderer
- Full user input.
- Exploration (WIP - 10%)
- Object interaction (WIP-70%)
- Entitys and playables (Not started - 0%)
- Fights and other ships/stations (Not started - 0%)
- Mining and resources (WIP , resources started -25% , mining Not started - 0%)
The game currently utilizes Lwjgl , specifically the opengl features not much else , everything other than that is written by me. Currently the game utilizes two main rendering methods (and a few others for things such as text and GUIS) , the main being perobject and layerbatching. Perobject: speaks for itself new vbo per object , I use this in situations where I have a large number of tiles that will be edited frequently , for instance the editor , in the out of dock layerbatching is used , two layers are reserved specifically for tiles , 1 layer for items(stacking dependant on size) , 1 layer for players and the top layer for effects. Only the tiles are stored in a multi dimensional array, the items are stored in arraylists generated when objects are created. Entitys are all stored in one array and are then rendered.SCREENIES!
Demo download,very basic build editor
- Full scale galactic battles (I enjoyed typing this one)
- Resource and energy system
- Ship crew management and health systems
- Full ship control mode