games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Groundskeeper 2  (Read 2598 times)
Offline orangepascal
« Posted 2014-04-09 09:06:51 »

Hey guys, I just released my new game : Groundskeeper2 on a lot of platforms including PC/Mac using the aweomse LibGDX Wink

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJjzeKE7nnY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mJjzeKE7nnY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=</a>

The game supports controllers, comes with awesome voice-acting and a lot of unlockables.

Game is released today on all platforms at once (Android , iOS, Windows,OSX,Linux, even Chrome(OS) ! and ouya/gamestick)
You can grab the desktop version from the website (Humble Widget):

http://www.groundskeepergame.com/

Hope you enjoy it Smiley
Offline mag

Medals: 9
Exp: 1 year

« Reply #1 - Posted 2014-04-09 09:11:07 »

Awesome, it reminds me of a more intense super crate box. I dig the artstyle too.
Offline Gibbo3771
« Reply #2 - Posted 2014-04-09 13:08:28 »

Ha awesome, love the trailer. The voice acting and art style is nice.

Did you do the voices yourself? Cheesy

"This code works flawlessly first time and exactly how I wanted it"
Said no programmer ever
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline orangepascal
« Reply #3 - Posted 2014-04-09 13:12:27 »

No the voices are thanks to the talented Ed Mace (https://twitter.com/edmace)
He did the soldier and "nerd" voice, and arranged someone to do the female voice.

First time I added voice-acting to any game, but really like how it ended up Smiley
Offline Gibbo3771
« Reply #4 - Posted 2014-04-09 13:16:54 »

No the voices are thanks to the talented Ed Mace (https://twitter.com/edmace)
He did the soldier and "nerd" voice, and arranged someone to do the female voice.

First time I added voice-acting to any game, but really like how it ended up Smiley

Noted- It is a pain to find voice actors/artists and a like, they all charge an arm and a leg...

"This code works flawlessly first time and exactly how I wanted it"
Said no programmer ever
Offline Shane75776
« Reply #5 - Posted 2014-04-09 20:28:22 »

This might be a dumb question, but how do you go about creating a video of your game running on your mobile device? I've been trying to make a video for mine but am unsure how to do it for mobile games. Every option I have tried records at a lousy 8 frames per second which gives terrible video.

Check out my Snipping Tool++ ! An advanced snippet/screenshot/text uploading tool! Meant to replace the windows snipping tool.

Check out Pixel Rain My most recent Swing based game!
Offline bilznatch

Medals: 8
Projects: 2
Exp: 1 year

I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm really... really bad T_T

« Reply #6 - Posted 2014-04-10 03:58:26 »

I think the trick is not recording from a mobile device, but rather your desktop/dev build.
Offline Shane75776
« Reply #7 - Posted 2014-04-10 06:17:05 »

I think the trick is not recording from a mobile device, but rather your desktop/dev build.

I tried to do that, recording over an Genymotion emulator (since they use your systems hardware and run fast) and it just slowed my game down immensely on the emulator and I have a pretty beefy rig. I was using open broadcaster software to record which is what I use to record gameplay at 60 fps on some current gen titles maxed.

Yet if I try to record the emulator is just immediately slows down to crap.

Check out my Snipping Tool++ ! An advanced snippet/screenshot/text uploading tool! Meant to replace the windows snipping tool.

Offline Grunnt

JGO Wizard

Medals: 66
Projects: 8
Exp: 5 years

Complex != complicated

« Reply #8 - Posted 2014-04-10 06:48:38 »

You could simply use Fraps and record it while its running on a desktop computer (assuming you have a desktop version like this game has).

Offline Shane75776
« Reply #9 - Posted 2014-04-10 07:51:59 »

You could simply use Fraps and record it while its running on a desktop computer (assuming you have a desktop version like this game has).

Yeah I do have a desktop version, and open broadcaster is just like fraps, i just drag a window around the emulator just for w/e reason when I start to record the emulator decides to bog down and run extremely slow. Not sure why. But thanks for the info, wasn't sure if there was some android recording software that doesn't suck.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline orangepascal
« Reply #10 - Posted 2014-04-12 07:19:56 »

This might be a dumb question, but how do you go about creating a video of your game running on your mobile device? I've been trying to make a video for mine but am unsure how to do it for mobile games. Every option I have tried records at a lousy 8 frames per second which gives terrible video.

the trailer video was actually captured from a Samsung Galaxy with a usb to HDMI setup.  A bit more professional setup (thanks to Denis a http://dhcg.co.uk)  other than that, not really sure how to best capture mobile video Smiley

Offline KevinWorkman

JGO Wizard

Medals: 58
Projects: 11
Exp: 12 years

klaatu barada nikto

« Reply #11 - Posted 2014-04-14 17:31:46 »

Great job, I've been really in the mood for a game exactly like this.

This is now my default go-to game, and I've been playing it every day since it came out.

Now if only I could figure out how to actually use a strategy other than HOLD DOWN SHOOT AND GO LEFT AND RIGHT, haha :p

Static Void Games - Play indie games, learn game programming, upload your own games!
Offline orangepascal
« Reply #12 - Posted 2014-04-14 17:47:24 »

Great job, I've been really in the mood for a game exactly like this.

This is now my default go-to game, and I've been playing it every day since it came out.

Now if only I could figure out how to actually use a strategy other than HOLD DOWN SHOOT AND GO LEFT AND RIGHT, haha :p

One part of the strategy is to use your portals wisely. They regenerate your health, so open them as soon as possible, but only try to go thru them when you get lower than 3 hearts.  Staying in the same level as long as possible is usually easier than jumping into the next level which will start slightly more challenging.

Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print