1) No, I have done a few simple games, I am basically doing this to improve my abilities then I will probably give this source out for others to use.
Then the question is why would someone who is capable of making this project work with you when they are probably better off by themselves.
2) I am aware of that, I am still looking into other and better ways to make this work, this is why I am not removing NPCs. I am open to any suggestions if you have some.
Make the game at least somewhat playable by yourself.
3) If/When I get people I want to get their opinions, on what they believe the game should contain and decide together what all the game is capable of. So I guess you could say, No, I do not plan on immediate programming. However I do plan on starting the discussions as soon as possible.
Trust me, you will not get past discussing.I'm not
trying to be mean and say your project is a stupid idea. For the most part it makes sense.
What I'm trying to get across is that you're being too ambitious
. Working in a group does not always make things easier. In fact, unless you have a leader with a strong sense of direction for the project, you will just spend all your time arguing.
How do I know this? Looks through some of the threads almost exactly like this one started in this board. Do any
of them show any evidence of work being started? No.Take this advice:
1) Build up your skills working by yourself.
2) If/When you get into group projects, have something to show before you ask for people to help. If you don't have anything to show, why should they join you?
3) Don't give up. Some ideas won't work, but there are plenty more out there for you to choose from.