Hi, I've made with my girlfriend a retro-looking 'Tamagotchi like' game.
Game is free (with rarely shown ads), here is link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mawges.wildagotchi
Description of game is on Google Play so to avoid redundancy, here I'll describe technical side only
App is written using Java, C/C++ and Lua.
In Java I have:
- modified LibGDX part that handles Audio / Input / Files,
- networking with JmDNS (to allow playing with Bonjour on iOS side), because of that I set minimal Android version to 2.3.3 -> too many devices below 2.3.7 don't handle multicast dns properly,
- lifecycle handling, opengl initialization, sharing, ads and rest of pure Android stuff.
In C++ :
- modified gdx-cpp project that handles Graphics,
- JNI glue,
- binds to LuaJIT,
- binds from Lua to Java via JNI (where is no sense to have wrapper classes).
- game logic.
There is a lot of action on Lua side but LuaJIT have 0 problems with it. If you make game with Lua on LuaJIT, more probably GPU will be your problem, not CPU. What is sad that is on iOS you can fell that no-JIT is problem and I have 20fps only on ip4 when on Galaxy S with debug build & old arm instruction set (no armv7) & power saving I have easily 60 fps.
Questions and Feedback are welcome