Games in Android Showcase (114)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (563)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Piles, a Java Tetris Clone  (Read 1604 times)
Offline Xyle
« Posted 2013-12-25 11:47:41 »

We recently updated our Piles game. A Tetris clone written in Java. All the graphics, sounds and GUI's have been improved. We also added a High score board to the game.

You can check the game out here...
Piles, a Java Tetris clone

Life is just a game, learn to play!
------------------------------------------
╬-YellzBellz Games!-╬ Cheesy
Offline Herbherth

Senior Newbie

Medals: 2

« Reply #1 - Posted 2013-12-25 16:40:31 »

Well... I played your game and it is good. I am a great fan of tetris, so I have some things to say for some improvement:

-the input in the arrow keys are too sensitive. I just couldn't play with them and had to use the mouse... I think I would have done a better score with the arrow keys =/

-I just don't understand how the score works .-. why some people have done a better score in a lower level?

-I also think you should make the speed increase faster... for me the game were boring until the level 13 and I just really feel some difference in the speed of the first level about the level 7

Well, but the game is not bad...and just one more think... you should put a limit of letters in the highscore... look how my name is there =P I can't see my score (sorry, it was also my bad =P)

The graphics and sounds were ok for me... good game, see you Wink
Offline Xyle
« Reply #2 - Posted 2013-12-25 17:42:59 »

Awesome input!!!!

You have no idea how grateful I am and how much I really appreciate it!

The name on the scoreboard is limited to 10 chars, they are just too big. I did fix that though.

The speed of levels will definitely get changed. A few people recommended this.

The inputs are a bit sensitive. I had to put a timer function on the actual mouse clicks to control the speed, I will also put that on the keys.

As for the scores. If there are names with scores that seem out of whack, more than likely they are just test names and scores.

Again, thank you very much for the input!!

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline drohtindev
« Reply #3 - Posted 2014-01-06 09:37:34 »

Look really good and remind me to my old nintendo.

I agree that the input is way to sensitiv.

Furthermore I found a bug in the game. If you look at the red cycle you see the problem.
The green stone was already there and the red one overlap the green. Immediadly befor the red one touched the ground I turned it and moved it to the left. The picture below shows the result. This bug happened twice.

I would also like to see a statistic about the amount of each stone type.

thumb up!
Offline princec

JGO Kernel

Medals: 378
Projects: 3
Exp: 16 years

Eh? Who? What? ... Me?

« Reply #4 - Posted 2014-01-06 09:44:19 »

Worst name ever, mind Smiley
edit: DO NOT image search for it. Under any circumstances.

Cas Smiley

Offline Xyle
« Reply #5 - Posted 2014-01-06 09:53:16 »

Thanks for the bug info! Haven't ran into that one. I really appreciate the heads up.

As for the name... not much I can say on that one. Lol. This game was originally done following some tutorial advice on creating the first typical games, like pong, tetris, breakout, etc. I just looked at it and said, piles of blocks, ok, piles it is.

Thanks for the input!!

Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print