I've been working on a multiplayer 2D top down shooter called "The Seventh". I initially started it as a World War II shooter (I was a huge Medal of Honor:Allied Assault fan), but my art buddy wanted something a bit more original. We are in the process of updating the graphics so the continuity of the style is still a work in progress.
The game itself is in playable form, there are still some features that need to be implemented (more game types, improved AI to name a few). We are kicking around some ideas for some unique game types, but our first priority is getting the core game play locked down. All in all I would say the game is roughly 60% completed.
Works in Progress:
- Team Deathmatch and Objective based game types
- Ability to play against (very stupid) bots
- 9 different weapons
- Single & multiplayer supported (no single player campaign)
- The graphics
- Custom sound effects
- The menuing system
- The ability to see LAN games in the server listings
- Capture the Flag, King of the Hill game types and some custom game types
- Smarter AI, team based AI
The current sounds are from COD2 and there are some filler graphics from Counter Strike 2D -- these will both be replaced with original content soon. Hopefully this doesn't violate any rules of this forum, if it does I will remove this post immediately.Technology:
- libGDX for input and rendering
- Custom made networking library (uses UDP) -- I initially used kyroNet/TCP but found it to be too laggy
- Pauls Sound library
- Leola for scripting
Any and all feedback is welcomed! Thank you for taking the time to read my post!