Games in Android Showcase (122)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (577)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Generic Zombie Shooter  (Read 3057 times)
Offline packetpirate
« Posted 2013-10-16 02:48:25 »

I've finally finished it! Version 1.0 is here! I originally started this game for Halloween 2012, thinking I could finish the game in a week, but... well... look how that turned out. Let's just say I didn't know everything I needed to in order to complete the project, so I got discouraged and dropped the project for almost a year. But I picked it back up in August and have been working on it for two months straight. And now, it's finally here!

To download the JAR, click here. There is a README included with the controls and game information. Make sure all the files are in the same folder and then run the BAT file to launch the JAR.

I've done a lot of play-testing, but there may still be some bugs to work out... luckily, there is a built-in error handling system that will show you the error and give you my contact information should an error occur. You can also send me the error here, and I'll respond as soon as I can. If anything else unexpected happens, just do your best to describe what you were doing when it happened and what happened.

That said, I hope you enjoy my first real game. I'm looking forward to finally starting work on my next one!
Offline actual

JGO Coder

Medals: 23

« Reply #1 - Posted 2013-10-16 02:56:20 »

Your download URL isn't formatted correctly. this is what you are looking for.
Offline packetpirate
« Reply #2 - Posted 2013-10-16 02:58:18 »

Yeah, sorry... typo.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline packetpirate
« Reply #3 - Posted 2013-10-16 15:58:56 »

After playing it for a while, I started to notice crackling and popping noises coming from the sound system. It seemed to start after I used the Sentry Gun and Assault Rifle in tandem. I'm assuming that because they use the same sound and are being loaded so often, this could be causing it, but I'm not sure. I'm using the TinySound library, and the sounds are all being stored as Music objects, rather than Sound objects, so I can stop/rewind/etc the sound effects. Anyone want to take a shot in the dark as to what's causing it?

Java just doesn't want me using sound in my game...  Sad
Offline wessles

JGO Wizard

Medals: 67
Projects: 4
Exp: 3 years

Profile picture isn't relevant.

« Reply #4 - Posted 2013-10-19 00:32:08 »

Needs some epic zombie killin' musics!

Offline BrendynT

Junior Duke

Medals: 3
Projects: 1
Exp: 7-9 months

CRTL + SHIFT + F = OP!

« Reply #5 - Posted 2013-10-25 20:17:52 »

That was pretty cool, better than anything I could do, haha! Grin Nicely done.

- The Firm Night Owl
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print