Here are the major changes:
- New shield look
- Each new level now progressively increases in size
- Fixed major crash on launch on for linux
- Fixed 360 controller mappings for linux
- Increased the cost of the health upgrade evolution
- Reduced the cost of the other evolutions
- Sound thread attempts to restart in the event of it crashing (just a precaution to make sound more robust)
- Slightly reduced the chance of souls spawning (since larger levels mean more enemies to farm)
- New 360 controls prompt at the start of a new game if a 360 pad is being used
- New stats page (I'll be sure to expand on this later, please tell me what you would like to see here)
- New controls help in pause menu for user reference
- New infected damage type. Small chance of enemies being infected.
- Reduced the chance of follower eggs spawning
I also did some interviews for some youtubers. Here
is one where I talk about my future ideas for Copod and here
is one where I talk about game design in general.
In one of the interviews I talked about adding some sort of ending scene to Copod. I gave it a go this week and what I made didn't fit. I'm far more content with the simple ending that is currently present in the game.
In the next update, I plan on introducing a cross-run progression system where the game increases in variety and complexity as you play it. Download the latest build here.Vote for Copod on Greenlight here.