JevaEngine - Outbreak Online
Networking not thoroughly tested
It will probably be a ghost-town on the server (I'm going to bed soon)
(Still worth shouting out in chatbox to find anyone else)
This is a simple game I made with the latest implementations to JevaEngine. The servers will be online for ~5 days and may be down arbitrarily between that span of time as I discover bugs in the server\client.Gameplay:
- Simple sandbox map. No particular objective. Once all the NPCs are killed the map will reset. There are about 80 of them, the spiders won't attack you automatically, the zombies will (zombies are easier to kill.) Some drop loot (i.e, a health pack.)Download:
- Windows Executable, GameJolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/rpg/jevaengine-underground-online/16225/
- Not available as an Applet currently. Several configuration lengths not worked out.
- Map loading is slow, reason know, but low on priority list.
- If latency is as unexpected by the server (and I believe it will be) player will likely 'twitch' sometimes as they move.
- Server may crash arbitrarily - while I am leaving it running over the night, my graphics drivers are having some issues which causes my PC to freeze thus causing clients to time-out. Sometimes the computer crashes D:
- Looting requires the player to be directly adjacent and horizontal\vertical to the target they are looting, diagonal does not work.
- When you die, you're dead. You will never live again. You must relogin again by restarting the client.
- Someone reported issues with game chat input -- I have no idea how this is possible, so if someone comes across this, please tell me how you've reproduced it.
- Probably a million other things that I haven't discovered but will start spawning out of nowhere as people start using the server.Experiencing some problems?
- Java defaults to OpenGL, this means drivers with poor support for OpenGL will experience poor frame-rates.