announced today the release of their new Imageon 2300 graphics chip for cellular phones, wich will go into mass production the first quarter of 2004.
A bunch of features:
- Advanced 2D and 3D graphics;
- MPEG 4 decode with real-time video playback at 30-fps and low power consumption;
- Video Capture Ports with support for high resolution camera sensors (1.3M and 2M pixels);
- JPEG CODEC to compress and decompress images to be either saved in memory and printed or shared wirelessly by the camera phone user; and,
- Many other features such as two display engines (primary and sub-display) and embedded frame buffer.
Read the press release
to get your daily dose of salubrious buzz words.
Oh and it's in OpenGL flavour source