JevaEngine - Undeground DemoInfo:
You can download the compiled JAR file in the attachments. This is purely to show off some feature in the engine via the command console, the game is nowhere near complete (this is a demo really.)
Feedback\Bug Reports are welcome.
Contains Course LanguageFeatures:
Some of the latest features of the engine I can remember:
- UI Is entirely skinnable and customizable - Jeva Core provides a solid infastructure for most general UI components.
- Basic particle engine (implemented primary for attack\heal\projectile effects so not too fancy, but can handle ~30000 particles on the very low-end machine I develop on)
-Entities can save states and reload states (essential for game saves). States are can be saved on an integrated back-end that works over GameJolt API for Achievements, Scoring and Cloud Saving
- Fully capable quest system & dialogue system (dialogue can be complex with various pathways which effect any internal variables of the character (i.e. moral))
- Most of the engine is entirely extensible - with logical partitions in implementation logic between Java and external scripts.
- Map Editor & Dialogue editor
- Dynamic lighting and scriptable weather subsystem
- powerful debugging console - very powerful user interface via scripts to engine. Both through the console and entity configuration files.Download:Executable Jar:http://www.filedropper.com/jeuApplet:
It can be downloaded as an executable JAR
) OR run as an applet here (Sorry for the ads, I can't host it here due to size constraints):http://gamejolt.com/games/rpg/jevaengine-project-d0/16225/
Please post comments\suggestions etc.Known Issues:
- Precaching has not yet been implemented, as such you might get random FPS drops as the game prepares resources.
- Using the command console to invoke commands like load unvisited areas will cause the quests scripts to screw up etc.
- Sometimes the quests don't trigger properly, this is an error with the quest scripts, not a big deal though.
- Use of Area object is risky as I found a bug in the JDKs implementation of it, while I haven't encountered any issues with it since, symptoms will be a freeze for about 50 seconds and then a crash due to lack of heap memory.Modding:
If you want to write a Mod etc, just add the .zip extension and snoop around res folder - there are tons of cool things you can do, even add your own NPCs etc.Command Console:
How to use the command console:http://pastebin.com/iciidRCv