Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Slide and Dice  (Read 2004 times)
Offline Skabed

Junior Newbie

Projects: 1

« Posted 2013-07-29 11:58:07 »

Huge thanks to the creators of LibGDX, an awesome framework. You should at least check it out.

Slide and Dice is a fast paced physics game in which you need to cut down a rectangle in the screen as fast as you possibly can.
This isn't as easy as it sounds, though, because a multitude of enemies and obstacles will try to slow you down.

If you feed interested and want to play it (it's free), you can check out the game here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.me.qixprototypeandroid&hl=en.

Offline Jimmt
« League of Dukes »

JGO Kernel

Medals: 139
Projects: 4
Exp: 3 years

« Reply #1 - Posted 2013-07-29 17:51:03 »

I recommend changing the title to just "Slide and Dice" Tongue
Offline nerb
« Reply #2 - Posted 2013-07-30 00:49:24 »

Hi Skabed,

Firstly, nice game and well done. I quite enjoyed it, and found it to be challenging.

HOWEVER one big problem: I'm unable to launch the game from the icon once installed. When I click on it, I get a toast message saying "App isn't installed". The app however is definitely installed, and I was able to launch it from the Play Store notification telling me that it had finished installing. I'm using a Google Galaxy Nexus phone.

Note: I just tried re-installing and still had the same problem.

Cheers,
nerb.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline nerb
« Reply #3 - Posted 2013-07-30 01:00:21 »

PS. And your launcher icon doesn't appear too spectacular... It's just a green box!?
Offline Skabed

Junior Newbie

Projects: 1

« Reply #4 - Posted 2013-07-30 16:02:00 »

Yeah, I had some other ppl report that issue in similar devices as yours.
I don't really know what causes it because it runs just fine in most of them (and I can't replicate the issue in my test devices).
It definetely seems more of a client-side issue, but I might be wrong with it.
If I ever find out what causes it, I'll fix it for sure.

The launcher icon is the same as the play store's icon, if you're seeing just a green one is due to an error.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoyed the experience!
Offline nerb
« Reply #5 - Posted 2013-08-06 07:39:10 »

FYI the problem launching it from the icon ceased after your most recent update; it's all good.

As for the icon itself being a green box, is it just me experiencing this? Could it be an issue with the icon size/multiple densities (keeping the following in mind: http://developer.android.com/design/style/iconography.html )?

World 3, Darkness is driving me crazy. I'm hard pressed to get more than 1 star on most levels and can't progress to the next world. (That's not a complaint. I'm just pointing out that it is quite challenging, and I am quite useless  Smiley).

Good stuff,
nerb.
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print