Games in Android Showcase (110)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (548)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  [Web][PC] DRINK - A One Button Game  (Read 2360 times)
Offline nhydock

Medals: 4
Projects: 2

« Posted 2013-06-24 03:15:34 »

This was one of my first full Java games.  I designed, did the art, and programmed it all within 6 hours over a year ago using Java2D.  Since then, I have ported it between Slick2D and LibGdx.  You can play it either through a web-applet available through the github page and a runnable desktop application

STORY
--------------------------------------
Nick is the hero of this game. His goal is simple, to drink as much OJ as he can while the dark, rule enforcing body known simply as Girard tries to stop him. Girard is the main enemy of Nick's heroic quest to drink OJ in a room where drinking and eating is not allowed. He is the only thing standing in your way between freedom from rules and the oppressive system. In fact, he is the system, and he's there to put Nick down. Lucky for Nick, Girard gets distracted very easily, so while he's busy playing League of Legends and Runes of Magic, make Nick chug as quickly as you can.

HOW TO PLAY
Chug away while Girard is busy fiddling with his laptop. You can tell by a variety of visual signals of when he's looking around the room and when he is playing his games. When the red bar appears above Girard's head, that's a time meter that indicates when he becomes fully aware of his surroundings. In that time you need to slow down drinking the OJ and put it down and away.

Here's the tricky part. The faster you're chugging your OJ, the longer it takes to put it down, else you'd blow your cover by gasping for air. As soon as that bar appears, put the OJ down.

There's two numbers in the corners of the screen. There's the time listed, which says how much time you have spent chugging OJ, and the other is how many fluid ounces of OJ you have "dranked". There is no end game other than being caught, just keep drinking.

Features
-Cute and simple pixel style
-Based on a true story
-sweet spacebar pressing action
-SWEET spacebar Tapping action
-Sweet spacebar action
-sweet action
-spacebar action
-sweet spacebar
-action tapping spacebar sweet
-orange juice

Github page: http://git.io/TxiCxA
Online wessles

JGO Wizard

Medals: 66
Projects: 4
Exp: 3 years

Radirius Software Lead Developer

« Reply #1 - Posted 2013-06-25 20:00:57 »

Looks like an awesome game! I am the #1 fan of 1-button games. One issue, the download link won't work...

Offline nhydock

Medals: 4
Projects: 2

« Reply #2 - Posted 2013-06-25 20:26:34 »

Ah, sorry, the url tag didn't work as I expected it to.  Links should be fixed.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Online wessles

JGO Wizard

Medals: 66
Projects: 4
Exp: 3 years

Radirius Software Lead Developer

« Reply #3 - Posted 2013-06-25 20:42:01 »

Now that I play it, Nice job! I love the chugging animation, and the pixel art is SUPERB!

Offline Kronos

Medals: 1

« Reply #4 - Posted 2013-06-27 08:07:34 »

Wow, this is really funny and a nice game. I love the artwork and that the girls sprinkles herself with the juice. I really laughed loud Cheesy
Thanks for the game.

Kronos
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print