I don't really have a name for this game yet, but I'll be releasing a very early version to see if anybody has feedback. This game is sort of a rogue-like Binding of Isaac (albeit much lower quality).
Updated. The game is now playable.
Controls are WASD to move, and arrow keys to shoot. Space key when over the stairs to get to the next level. Space key when over the store to enter the store. Up and down keys to select an item. Enter key to buy an item. Space key again in order to leave.
Features so far :
- Random dungeon generation (this one took me a while)
- 4 enemy types
- Gems (just for collecting, to be used in stores)
- Stat altering chests
To do :
- Pixel art (if anybody can help me with this, that would be great
- Better collision detection
- Good user interface
- Different type of attacks (possibly)
- Bombs (possibly)
- Keys to unlock the stat altering chests
- More enemies....
- Balance testing, when I'm done, obviously
Some sort of rewards system. Not sure if this should be based on luck (e.g. random powerup stats) or on skill (if you beat a level without getting hit, you are rewarded with a powerup).
Donwload is here :http://www.mediafire.com/?9en489bzbzd9jh4
Note: Images must be extracted to same folder as the jar file. Tried to bundle images into jar file, but still doesn't work.