Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Drift Soccer!  (Read 2275 times)
Offline shanz32

Senior Newbie

Projects: 1

« Posted 2013-05-06 17:44:58 »

Hi Everyone!

This is my first game created in LibGDX. I have been making it for the last 6/7 months. It's a simple soccer game with one click drag control that allows you to play against an AI soccer team. The difficulty of the AI can be changed in the options menu.

I was wondering whether I should port this to Android for touch screen control on phones and tablets. Let me know what you think, I am open to constructive feedback and criticism. If you have any questions about the production, or possible improvements, feel free to post Smiley

Game Link: www.driftsoccer.tk

Trailer:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPsDul7bGdw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/iPsDul7bGdw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=</a>

(I'm a newbie here, and I hope to make valuable contributions to this forum!)

Enjoy! Cheesy
Offline Apo
« Reply #1 - Posted 2013-05-06 18:31:23 »

Cool little game.

I think it would be great (better than the applet) on android smartphones/tablets.

What I was missing:
- sound
- a better feedback which player is dragged at the moment. (e.g. another color for the circle)
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #2 - Posted 2013-05-07 02:08:30 »

Protip: don't post your applet on main page.

I'm working on browser and almost lost it when I visited your site. Make "Play" page or else, some of us just want to check SS first.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline shanz32

Senior Newbie

« Reply #3 - Posted 2013-05-07 08:31:30 »

Thank you for your feedback Smiley I haven't learnt how to add sound yet, but will get to it right away! I will look into making some kind of trajectory so you know how much power is behind the drag.

Thank you for the protip . I will make the changes as soon as I can Smiley

Do you think if the players in the human team were able to act a little bit autonomously as well it could improve game play? Or have shortcut commands to move players back to there original position? Right now only one player will move at a time. Its probably more neat to create the illusion of the whole team moving in real time? What do you guys think?
Offline pwnedary

Senior Newbie

« Reply #4 - Posted 2013-05-09 16:52:15 »

Decreasing the friction would make more players move at the same time.
Offline shanz32

Senior Newbie

« Reply #5 - Posted 2013-05-13 17:50:56 »

That's a good idea. Aslong as there is little movement it will make the game come more alive. The website is temporarily down, it will be up again in a couple of days, sorry for inconvenience!
Offline gongalf
« Reply #6 - Posted 2013-06-16 15:02:28 »

The website is still down Sad Any news?

Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print