Hi to All!
I'm developing since a couple of months a Java Tiny Gfx Library (JTGL).
It is a graphic foundation framework to provide a common view of a graphics/gaming subsystem over already deployed public java apis such as AWT/Java2D/J2ME/MIDPv1&v2 and propietary mobile: ExEn, DoJa,Nokia,Siemens,Motorola,etc..
he library is (or will focus on) a thin glue/wrapper over a known api (eg: awt/midp), to merge in its own graphics api (eg: thereis a JTGLGraphics class) where all core classes provides a basic platform agnostic launching code that provides:
- Graphics: primitives,color,image
- A lighweight extension framework (eg: media,devices,etc)
- An input framework (eg: mouse,keyboard)
- Specific implementations ready for AWT,MIDP (Siemens,Nokia,etc.) and of course expandable by extending the core platform.
- An initial Gaming API (Surfaces,TiledMaps,Sprites)
There is a lot to do, so developers and artists are much appreciated to join in. :-)
It is licensed under the GNU General Public License
and hosted on SourceForge.net.
Download it from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jtgl/JTGL_v0.5b.zip?download
Thanks in advance!