Offline Mikescher

Junior Newbie

Projects: 1

« Posted 2013-01-19 00:25:22 »

Hello java Community,

today i'm presenting you a game, made by me  Wink :

Crystal Grid

Crystal Grid is a little tactical game.  
You start with one (or more) cannons of your color, your goal is to convert all enemy cannons by shooting at them.
You play versus one (or more) computer enemies.

Here are a few tactical tips:

Try to attack enemy cannons always from at least two sides - that way they can't defend itself.
You can shoot your own cannons and power them up (increase the shooting rate). This effect stacks.
Don't attack the enemy directly - try to get a few neutral (grey) cannons first, so you have a greater fire power.

Each of the 40 level comes with 4 difficulties and one AIvsAI Mode.  
I would first try the levels on "Easy", here you should beat all levels.
But the fourth difficulty ("Impossible"), is really not easy  Grin , but all levels are on Impossible possible (sounds strange but is true). I finished most levels by myself on "Impossible"

Theres also an Online-Highscore(http://www.mikescher.de/Highscores/list.php?gameid=6), i would love to see a few more names on it ...
Your Username and your Unique ID are (cryptographically secured) saved in the crystalgrid.sav File - so don't loose it or you will loose your progress

The code is public - you can view it on the download-website (i cant guarantee that it will always the newest version there...)
I used my absCanvas for this Game, the Sourcecode for the absCanvas Engine is also on my website.

Even though is made a few small games before this, i consider myself as a newbie, so i would appreciate your tipps for that game...

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mikescher.de/downloads/details.php?game=Crystal%20Grid

Greetings
... Mike

PS: I'm not a native English-speaker (and normally i don't use this language) - so don't rage too hard about my grammar errors  Lips Sealed

Online Longarmx
« Reply #1 - Posted 2013-01-19 02:28:53 »

I have always loved these types of games and this one doesn't fail me! Good Job. I like the graphics style of this game a lot.

I think that a little sound will go a long way to make this a more complete experience.

~Longarmx

Offline HeroesGraveDev

JGO Kernel

Medals: 239
Projects: 11
Exp: 2 years

┬─┬ノ(ಠ_ಠノ)(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

« Reply #2 - Posted 2013-01-19 03:50:26 »

There are a few performance leaks.

It uses as much CPU and RAM as Minecraft. And Minecraft uses way more CPU than it should.

You might want to look into what's eating up the performance.
Try using JVisualVM. It comes with the JDK.

Other than that, nice game. I got on the highscores. Cool

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline JohnsonCorp

Senior Newbie

« Reply #3 - Posted 2013-01-21 07:08:24 »

How do I change teams?
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print