In the spirit of the competition being introduced so early, I think it will be nice to show you a peek of what I've been working on for this competition...Introducing Ringvibe!
It is a reflex action game that was inspired by TV show where kids were popping bubbles while I was eating fruit ring cereal. I've put about 3 weeks of work into it so far, most of it was trying to find a graphic style that would suit the game. Instead of screenshots, I'll just embed the applet in here so people can try it out. (It also gives me an excuse to try out the applet tag.)Play Ringvibe on Java4K.com!!! Click Here!!!
A little bit of hints:
Warning! Untrusted content: ctomni231
submitted an applet to JGO.
If the applet asks for permissions, it will have full access to your system.
JGO cannot be held responsible for the contents and/or behavior of the hosted applets.
- Try clicking and exploding one ring at a time.
- Red rings increase time the fastest.
- Your goal is to fill the timer bar at the top with color. (More gray = bad!)
- Speed and accuracy are very important when chaining rings together!
- Select and destroy rings quickly to fill the timer bar fast and progress through the levels (and unlock power-ups).
- Linking rings is high risk, high reward; Link rings without missing a click to save precious time.
- Aim for red, orange, and yellow rings when low on time to stay in the game longer.
- Green, Blue, and Purple rings are excellent for breaking new high scores.
Have fun! Comments and suggestions are welcome too.
EDIT: Download here!!!
High Score Board
ctomni231 - 53280 - Level 5
Screem - 37330 - Level 5
Rebirth - 5300